Verizon sux (and how my replay is going to become useless in a few days) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-07-2000, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
<rant>
Well, Verzion sux. They were orginally supposed to install my phone line on Nov 9th. Well it is now a month later and I am faced with a horrifying proposition. You see for a brief period of time my phone line was crossed with someone else. So I installed my replayTV (I wanted to see the Dune mini series on SciFi). Well when Verizon came last saturday, They disconnected the line and told me that someone would be their on Monday to do work. They told me not to worry that I was at work, because all they needed to do was some outside work. No problem, I thought. Turns out they needed to do some work inside, but no one was home. So now I have to wait till saturday between 8 and 12 for them to show up. This is now the third saturday in a row that I had to sit at home waiting for Verizon (I sure hope none of my relatives expects a christmas present, b/c I have not been able to do any shopping!!!). Ugggggghhhhhhh!!! The worst part is that the only real reason I am getting service is for my replayTV (both me and my roomates have cell phones and we use DialPad for long distance) and my replayGuide only goes up to friday.
</rant>
Boy I would love to see a Broadband enabled replay considering I have a cable modem.

Scyber

[This message has been edited by Scyber (edited 12-07-2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-07-2000, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

In my area, the cable company also offers phone service.

Sounds like a great idea, and cheaper than Verizon, but how would I call them up to complain my cable's out?

Everyone sucks more than everyone else
host of the Curmudgeon Message Boards
post #3 of 6 Old 12-07-2000, 03:03 PM

Verizon wireless?

------------------
The Other Glenn

The Other Glenn
post #4 of 6 Old 12-07-2000, 03:20 PM

Manual Record on 3.0 was a great addition!
post #5 of 6 Old 12-07-2000, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is a good one. I downgraded my cable to local only when I got DirecTV. They came out and removed all of the extra channels on a Friday. I got home and turned on my PC and couldn't connect the internet via cable modem. I picked up the phone to complain and my broadband phone was out as well!!!

I got in the car and drove down to the cable office to complain in person. It was very effective, they had a guy out to fix it within an hour.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-07-2000, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

For those of you that followed the very-OT (sorry!) Netscape 6 thread, you read about me fighting w/ Verizon too.

I won't bore you w/ the problems I had with billing (one dept. not recognizing the authority of another) and installation - but suffice it to say, yes, Verizon sucks.

Since I've had to call them NUMEROUS times in the past 6 weeks I've noticed something - they're ALWAYS "experiencing higher than normal call volumes".

If these levels occur so frequently - when do THEY become the norm? - That's my question. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page