reVue 1.1 public testing begun - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #151 of 166 Old 11-04-2004, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been having great sucess with reVue until I tried toc work with a large file yesterday. I have a replay 4500. I downloaded the movie Midway which on tv is about 3 hours. Problem is when I open the file it quickly (about 3 seconds) shows the whole show in the tool bar with the comercials and content marked. Then it quickly shortens to about 45 min. on the edit bar, and it seems reVue makes 14 edits to the file. I believe it removes the comercial marks for the last 2 hours or so. Has anyone else run into this situation?

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 166 Old 11-04-2004, 07:35 PM

I am getting a "page not found" error when I click on the hyperlink. Anyone else?
post #153 of 166 Old 11-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

no, the link seems to be working...

Loren
post #154 of 166 Old 12-16-2004, 11:45 AM
STL
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scallica
I am having the same trouble with reVue. I mark out my commercials, then select "Create New Video", then select "Put each block in its own file", then cloose "Cleaned MPEG" as the output format. After watching the new videos, I noticed that all of the my marks are off by 26 seconds.
I am having the same problem, but I must clarify it's not 26 seconds for every one. My first mark was off exactly 26 second, but my second one was 32 seconds, and the third one was even more. Once I saw it wasn't a constant value I gave up. If anyone knows any fixes or work-arounds I would love to hear them.
post #155 of 166 Old 02-08-2005, 10:21 AM

OK, so I popped the hard disc out of my 3030c, put it in, and used extract_rtv to get the files transfered over to a folder.

Opening the MPG file with Media Player delivers the typical "No Codec" error message. Gotta love Microsoft... this was expected.

Opening any of the files in ReVue, however, gets me a strange error. Apparently this thing is looking for EVT files (whatever those are) and worse, I see some of you are actually discussing these EVT files.

The thing is, There are no EVT files on the hard disc, in either of the two partitions the 3030c used There were, I noticed, lots of pretty BMP files on what appeared to be the "program" partition, but not a trace of an EVT file.

What is an EVT file, and where or how do I get it, or make this program stop asking for it?

Quote:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\\Documents and Settings\\zaphraud\\Desktop\\extract-b\\1107651297.evt".
File name: "C:\\Documents and Settings\\zaphraud\\Desktop\\extract-b\\1107651297.evt"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at reVue.ShowInfo.loadEvtInfo(String vcSceneFile)
at reVue.ShowInfo.loadSceneInfo(String vcVideoFile, String vcSceneFile, Boolean bUseNewEvtLoader)
at reVue.frmMain.loadFile(String vcFileName)
at reVue.frmMain.mbFileOpenVideo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
reVue
Assembly Version: 1.0.1480.38605
Win32 Version: 1.0.1480.38605
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/KSB/reVue/reVue.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
Assembly Version: 9.0.0.2980
Win32 Version: 9.0.0.2980
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/KSB/reVue/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
wmppia
Assembly Version: 9.0.0.2980
Win32 Version: 9.0.0.2980
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/KSB/reVue/wmppia.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.
post #156 of 166 Old 02-08-2005, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter
ksb

zaphraud, the 3000 series doesn't have commercial/scene detection so there won't be an ndx or evt file. In such cases, reVue should just play the mpg fie straight through.

The "no codec" messages from WMP tells me your real problem: your PC doesn't know how to play mpg files encoded the way that ReplayTVs store them. Fortunately, the fix for that is easy; you need to get some DVD playback software since the Replay mpgs are in a similar format.

But remember, even with DVD playback software, reVue isn't doesn't automatically find commercials, it uses the Replay-provide ndx or evt file. Since you have a 3000 series DVR, there is no such file. Of course, you can always manually mark the commercials and store that information for future viewing. --Ken
post #157 of 166 Old 02-08-2005, 11:14 AM

I thought that could be it since this box only has a CDRW in it. I installed PowerDVD XP and had what could be best described as limited luck.

Specifically, PowerDVD will open and play the MPG file, but apparently the people who made PowerDVD software didn't make the codec as a codec either. WiMP still won't open the files, and PowerDVD is basically unusable since it can't fast forward or move to a random point in media at all.

Any idea where I can get the codecs? I have *.microsoft.com and *.wmplugins.com in the "trusted" zones, but I still am told that WiMP cannot download, so I guess its not on the Microsoft site - either that or they've registered yet another domain. Unfortunately WiMP 10 doesn't tell me where its downloading from like the old ones did, so I have no idea if IE settings are the problem, or if its just not there.

I'll try installing ULead's editor next, it might have such a codec. The DVD playing software doesn't have it as an actual codec, even tho it has the functionality.
post #158 of 166 Old 02-08-2005, 11:35 AM

Installing the ULead editor that came either with my 1394 card or with my Sony Digital 8 (? not sure, got a display model, lol) got the codec installed.

Well sort of - actually now WiMP tries to download a codec, fails, then plays the video and audio flawlessly anyways :boggle:

The ReVue software still chokes on the missing EVL file, even if I try to play the MPG by itself. Selecting "Continue" in the error message takes me apparently back to the point where it was waiting for me to open a file in the first place, hitting "Quit" drops out of the ap entirely.

Creating an empty EVL file causes the application to display a black screen when I open the mpg corresponding to it by name, so it really, really has to have that EVL file or it refuses to work, and it apparently needs data too.

There are, actually, NDX files created for the MPGs on the 3030c, just no EVL files. Not sure whats in them however, just know they won't open in ReVue without an EVL file.
post #159 of 166 Old 02-08-2005, 11:46 AM

Err, actually, the MPEGs created by the device in standard (low) or medium quality settings freeze frequently. Only the recording I made in the highest quality setting seems to play without frequent freezing and loss of audio/video sync..

damn codecs.
post #160 of 166 Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 AM

I am unable to get the video the video to play in revue or WMP 10. I have scanned these boards for help and it always seems to get a little fuzzy when it comes to getting the right codec. Where do i find it - exactly?

Revue and RTV tools seem to convert the fine but i would like to see it in Revue for editing. Also, it plays in Cyberlink Power director.

As always thanks for your help!!!!
post #161 of 166 Old 05-01-2005, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter
ksb

The codecs are part of pretty much any Windows software DVD player. If you can't play DVDs on your PC, reVue won't be able to play the RepayTV mpeg files.

It's worth nothing that while reVue does have some editing features, it is primarily a "smart" player that reads the ndx/evt files to auto-skip commercials. since reVue uses the Windows Media Player control and that control and the Replay mpegs don't quite get along, frame-level control of editing is not possible.
post #162 of 166 Old 05-15-2005, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ksb
The codecs are part of pretty much any Windows software DVD player. If you can't play DVDs on your PC, reVue won't be able to play the RepayTV mpeg files.

It's worth nothing that while reVue does have some editing features, it is primarily a "smart" player that reads the ndx/evt files to auto-skip commercials. since reVue uses the Windows Media Player control and that control and the Replay mpegs don't quite get along, frame-level control of editing is not possible.
After installing PowerDVD, I was able to play only the recordings made using the "high" quality setting of a ReplayTV 3000 series. (Yes, I physically removed its hard disk in order to get the files)

It would be worth hearing from anyone who has got the two lower-quality setting files to play properly, EXACTLY what sort of DVD player software they installed.
post #163 of 166 Old 06-24-2005, 11:49 AM

I didn’t get a chance to play with this since my last post but suddenly, two nights ago, Revue began playing the video just fine. I think that the only software that I installed since my last post was Pinnacle. So I was thrilled until I opened Revue again last night and instead of getting the video I got the WMP visualizations. Funky, but not useful. I’ve seen on these boards that PowerDVD has the replay codec so I installed that program. Dvarchive files play in Powerdvd, but I still only get the WMP visualizations in Revue and in WMP. How does WMP choose the codec it needs? Can I tell it which one to use? And, if so, where are the codecs located so that I can specify the location for WMP? Or is this just some setting that I’m just not finding in the WMP menus? Thanks.

post #164 of 166 Old 06-24-2005, 11:50 AM

I didn’t get a chance to play with this since my last post but suddenly, two nights ago, Revue began playing the video just fine. I think that the only software that I installed since my last post was Pinnacle. So I was thrilled until I opened Revue again last night and instead of getting the video I got the WMP visualizations. Funky, but not useful. I’ve seen on these boards that PowerDVD has the replay codec so I installed that program. Dvarchive files play in Powerdvd, but I still only get the WMP visualizations in Revue and in WMP. How does WMP choose the codec it needs? Can I tell it which one to use? And, if so, where are the codecs located so that I can specify the location for WMP? Or is this just some setting that I’m just not finding in the WMP menus? Thnx.

post #165 of 166 Old 12-13-2005, 07:20 PM

bump for smeltnight's powerdvd questions

Thanks ksb for the great proggie!
post #166 of 166 Old 03-28-2006, 04:09 AM

Years later, technology is just catching up to what you guys were doing back in '03. I just got a new Windows-based phone, and I remembered that ReVue could encode in pocket PC format. So I searched for this old thread and by golly, it works. I went ahead and download a short clip, encoded it, and it plays perfectly on my new T-Mobile SDA. It's been almost 3 years since I've had my 5000 series Replay and it still amazes me what you guys were able to do with it as far as aftermarket programs. I still use DVArchive to view shows from my replay on my computer. I've since added another Replay 5000 series... both Replays have upgraded hard drives, they haven't missed a beat. I can view any program through the house network either through the Replays or through my comptuers through DVArchive. Heck, with my new phone, I can even view programs through my phone.... now if only I could find a way to batch everything... yes, somebody's probably posted an answer already...

Anyway, funny how it's '06 and we're still bleeding edge technology. No other DVR has matched what the Replay was able to do (of course, most of that credit goes to you guys).
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page