Who gets 0-99? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-11-2004, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an analog box connected through the A/Vs and the RF goes to the RF of my TV with RTV connected to an A/V
I also have raw cable coming into the antenna input of the RTV
I have a few different lineups available in the setup list, only one has all the channels the box gets. You can't maker them the same or it just shows one set, and hits the A/V input.
I want the 2-99 channels in the channel guide to select the antenna and the 102-199 channels in the guide to be the analog box. Whenever I select the "rebuild" for the A/V input it grabs the 0-99 slots in the guide. If I simply swap them the 2-99 flips to the antenna input but then the cable box (2-99) won't have all the channels)
I have tried all sorts of combinations of adding one, deleting one swapping them etc but every time I make the A/V1 = rebuild it grabs the 2-99 slots in the guide.
If I use any other 2 lineups I seem to be able to control which is 2-99.
What's the deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member

The Replay will always set the lineup that has the most channels to be first in order. So the cable box lineup that has the most channels will take that posistion.

But I'm not exactly sure why you have everything connected the way you do. Your using the Replay to control the cable box anyway, why are you feeding the analog cable without the cable box into the Replay? It's not like there are different channel lineups, you just won't be able to see the premium channels.

Most of us with cable boxes just split the cable and have one split going to the TV coax, and the other going to the cable box which feeds the Replay which would go to the TV's other inputs.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2004, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

I normally watch TV direct from the cable box to the TV. Most of my RTV recordings are on basic cable via the RF in (from a split) but occasionally I want one of the channels the box provides and they go into the RTV via the A/Vs. I really wanted the basic channels 2-99 and the cable box 102-199 but that doesn't look like it will happen. I probably won't be keeping the box and all of my recordings are set up 2-99 so I am not willing to change everything for a few more weeks.
Thanks for the answer, that does make sense when I look back at what was happening. I guessed it was something like that.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-13-2004, 07:58 PM

I do this so I can watch a premium or HDTV channel from the cable box without messing with whatever is recording on the Replay's RF input. I just have the 2-99 disabled in my guide, so essentially I have 100-999 are the cable box, and 1002-1099 are RF. It only took a few minutes to create new Replay channels to replace the ones previously recording on 2-99, and any zone based recordings which would have been on the 2-99 now record from 1002-1099 instead. Works just fine this way for me.

But, if you're not keeping it anyway it makes little difference.
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page