Poopli FAQ for AVS - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 193 Old 05-26-2004, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
plyons10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 2,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by z3n
I've read the FAQ and this entire thread...

ASQ: What menu is this received tab on my RPTV 5040? or will something pop up to accept a show request?

Sorry, really tired and I know this is stupid... any help?

+==============+
updated: (sigh) Found it... if anyone else has this question, after you get the IVS test to pass, and see a kind person sending you a request, check on the Replay Guide, at the very top you will find the "tabs", move up to them and find your show, and select, then accept it.

There, my idiocy is logged in the archives of the internet.

-z

The "Received" shows tab on your Replay guide will be a different color (green I think) and have an asteriz next to it.

Browse over to that tab, the scroll down and accept the show.

Peter
plyons10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 193 Old 05-26-2004, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
plyons10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 2,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by lijhtz
I have read the various poopli post and I am not being able to setup my connection. I have registered with poopli, I have setup my 5040 with port 29000 and I believe I have setup my Linksys router to port forward 29000 forwarding to my 5040 ip address. I forced a netconnect with 243 zones.

When I run the IVS test I get back
------------
Found on Replay server. IP does not match your PC, not revealing IP and port detail.

Unable to contact ReplayTV unit.

500 Can't connect to xx.xx.xx.xx:yyyyy (connect: Connection refused)
Check your port forwarding settings.
---------------

This message has been consistent except for one time when I changed the port forward ip address to my pc and it spit out that the ip matched and showed the ip address:29000 but that it couldn't connect. This hasn't been consistent either. Occasionally this will show up but more often than not it doesn't. I would think that the external IP of all my machines/replay units should be the same so the not matching shouldn't show up.

Am I forgetting something. Do I need to reboot everything and do a net connect to start from ground level.

For port forwarding the only change I am making on my router is on the forwarding tab under the advanced section...is this wrong.

Thoughts...anyone? My IR blaster screwed up so I missed the 24 finale so any help would be appreciated.

Hmmm.. that seems kind of odd. Are you certain that your PC and Replay are on the same subnet? I mean, do they both connect through the same router, and therefore have the same external (WAN side) IP address?

If not... for instance, if your PC has its own external IP address, then the test has been disabled to make it NOT work for others to contact your Replay TV.

What happens when your type this in your browser:
http://REPLAYTVLANIP:29000/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo

Also... is your external IP address changing frequently? This could be the problem, if your cable modem gets a new IP address after the Replay unit has contacted the servers with the old address.

Finally... check out the Poopli forums for a discussion about the unfortunately few people who determined that more than one user has the same MAC / IVS number for their Replay, another possible cause.

Peter
plyons10 is offline  
post #93 of 193 Old 05-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
lijhtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote]What happens when your type this in your browser:
REPLAYTVLANIP:29000/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo

Also... is your external IP address changing frequently? This could be the problem, if your cable modem gets a new IP address after the Replay unit has contacted the servers with the old address.[quote]

I get, which I assume is correct:



I am using SBC DSL which is dynamic which probably has something to do with it, but I would think that it wouldn't change that often.

I will look at the poopli forum further unless someone else can think of what I am running into.
lijhtz is offline  
post #94 of 193 Old 05-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Newbie
 
lijhtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well I figured it out. everytime I changed the port forwarding it was grabbing a new external IP which caused my replay setting to be off. after i set the port forwarding correctly and then forced a netconnect, I was able successfully pass the IVS test.

now I just need to find someone who has the 24 season finale.

thanks for your help
lijhtz is offline  
post #95 of 193 Old 06-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
mooneydriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone able to use IVS successfully through a WiFi router? My 5160 is connected via a NetGear 802.11g WiFi router and ethernet bridge. It passes the IVS test OK. I requested my first show last night and it's stuck at 0% with a "network connection problem." I wonder whether this has anything to do with WiFi (which also causes problems with DVArchive connections).
mooneydriver is offline  
post #96 of 193 Old 06-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Newbie
 
malcolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: san diego
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the poopli updater application and what does it do?
malcolm is offline  
post #97 of 193 Old 07-15-2004, 07:11 AM
Newbie
 
sonicflame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!! I love using Poopli and wanted to share my shows, as well. I've downloaded several shows successfully, so I know it's not network settings...

I've selected the option on Poopli to share my shows and have given my user name and password, but no shows are showing up in my shared database. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!!
sonicflame is offline  
post #98 of 193 Old 08-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Member
 
archdog99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by sonicflame
Hi!! I love using Poopli and wanted to share my shows, as well. I've downloaded several shows successfully, so I know it's not network settings...

I've selected the option on Poopli to share my shows and have given my user name and password, but no shows are showing up in my shared database. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!!

If you aren't using the updater, it takes about 24 hours. If you are using the updater, it's instant.

-a
archdog99 is offline  
post #99 of 193 Old 09-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
 
spydermonkey311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im having trouble getting this to work.

I configured my router with the port # i chose on the RTV. I set it to forward the port with TCP protocol. Is this correct? The only other option is UDP protocol.

I used http://www.lhaven.net/ivstest/ to test it, but I get

"Asked ReplayTV server about unit at ISN 00004-54871-58199.
Query Failed - no unit found with this ISN in the database "

Any ideas what im doing wrong?
spydermonkey311 is offline  
post #100 of 193 Old 09-25-2004, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
j.m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by spydermonkey311
Im having trouble getting this to work.

I configured my router with the port # i chose on the RTV. I set it to forward the port with TCP protocol. Is this correct? The only other option is UDP protocol.

I used http://www.lhaven.net/ivstest/ to test it, but I get

"Asked ReplayTV server about unit at ISN 00004-54871-58199.
Query Failed - no unit found with this ISN in the database "

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Yes, TCP is correct. It sounds like you need to net connect to update your unit's info in the RDDNS (IVS) database. You can do this from the 243-zones menu.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of WinDVA, the Win32 DVArchive launcher
j.m. is offline  
post #101 of 193 Old 09-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
spydermonkey311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by j.m.
Yes, TCP is correct. It sounds like you need to net connect to update your unit's info in the RDDNS (IVS) database. You can do this from the 243-zones menu.

I just did that, checked to see if its working on that site and I get the same message.

How can I get this working?
spydermonkey311 is offline  
post #102 of 193 Old 09-25-2004, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
j.m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by spydermonkey311
I just did that, checked to see if its working on that site and I get the same message.

How can I get this working?

I didn't notice this before, but you are most likely using the wrong ISN in the tester. Are you sure your ISN is 00004-54871-58199? I've never seen one that starts with 00004-54871. They usually begin with 00004-54831 or 00004-54832. Indeed, 00004-54831-58199 is found in the database, so I'm sure that is your ISN. However, your port forwarding is still not set up correctly because the connection is refused. Do NOT forward port 80 to the ReplayTV or put it in the DMZ. Double-check that you used the correct LAN IP for the ReplayTV in the PF entry. Reboot the ReplayTV and try the test again with the correct ISN.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of WinDVA, the Win32 DVArchive launcher
j.m. is offline  
post #103 of 193 Old 09-26-2004, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
spydermonkey311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by j.m.
I didn't notice this before, but you are most likely using the wrong ISN in the tester. Are you sure your ISN is 00004-54871-58199? I've never seen one that starts with 00004-54871. They usually begin with 00004-54831 or 00004-54832. Indeed, 00004-54831-58199 is found in the database, so I'm sure that is your ISN. However, your port forwarding is still not set up correctly because the connection is refused. Do NOT forward port 80 to the ReplayTV or put it in the DMZ. Double-check that you used the correct LAN IP for the ReplayTV in the PF entry. Reboot the ReplayTV and try the test again with the correct ISN.

Thanks for the help, im going to recheck my isn#.

EDIT:
Yep, that was it, must have wrote down the wrong number.

I got the port forwarding thing straightened out also.

One other question, in the same menu, it has something where you add addresses. If I want to recieve something from a particular person, do I have to add them to my address book?
spydermonkey311 is offline  
post #104 of 193 Old 09-26-2004, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
j.m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by spydermonkey311
One other question, in the same menu, it has something where you add addresses. If I want to recieve something from a particular person, do I have to add them to my address book?

No. You only have to enter someone's address when you are sending them a show.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of WinDVA, the Win32 DVArchive launcher
j.m. is offline  
post #105 of 193 Old 10-05-2004, 03:29 AM
Newbie
 
gambit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I am new to all of this and this site seems really great. This seems to be my current situation. I just got a ReplayTV from eBay two weeks ago. The guy I bought it from seems reliable. I consider it a miracle that I got it up and working fine with in the first day. I hooked it up and everything is working and it is truly a wonder. After I registered with the ReplayTV site it said my model was a 4040. The guy I bought it from said it was no different from the 4500 except that he upgraded me to a 120 hour drive. He said that it could also do IVS and I saw something that looks like an Ethernet place to put a cable/cord into. I hooked up my ReplayTV to my phone line but now I want to hook it up to my computer/internet to use the photos, copy and burn CD's/VCD's and DVD's as well as send and receive shows. Now it seems that the first thing I need to do is obtain a long Ethernet cable/cord (cable or cord)? And then a router/switcher/hub thing. The people at ReplayTV said to get a Linksy Wet11. The guy I bought the ReplayTV from said to get a Linksys BEFSR41? Another question I have is that I can't quite figure out the difference between the DVARCHIVE, which I think is a downloadable program and Poopli, which I think maybe a website where I can go and download and upload films/shows? Now there seems to be this other thing called reVue? I think I am going to order a 20 foot Ethernet Cord/Cable and maybe the Linksys BEFSR41, if that seems to be right. The thought of getting that hooked up gives me day sweats. The DArcive thing seems to be what I have to have inorder to burn CD's, VCD's and DVD's. Getting that up and running gives me both day and night mares. Which brings me to my final query, the likes of which takes my panic well over the top. I bought a VCR/DVD combo about a year ago and paid a little over four hundred for it, only to find that it could only play what is called certain regions and certain CD and DVD formats. So to release that burning sensation in my head I gave it away a week after I got my ReplayTV. Now from everything I read so far it says that my ReplayTV can not store/copy anything to a DVD recorder/player. I also have a TV/VCR combo and it seems to record everything from my ReplayTV to a tape fine but when I try to copy something from the VCR tape to the ReplayTV it doesn't work. My neighbor says that is because my TV/VCR combo is to old a model and it doesn't have any out feeds or something like that. So, I am now hunting for another VCR/DVD unit but now I am getting attracted to just getting a DVD recorder/player. My notion is that if I can't get the ReplayTV to copy things directly to a new DVD player/recorder I should be able to send what is recorded on my ReplayTV to my computer and burn it (with the help of DArchive) to CD's and DVD's and also reverse the process??? Can anyone tell me if this Herculean rocket-scientific feat can be done? I don't see why I can't just copy stuff from my ReplayTV direct to a DVD recorder with some wires and plugs and belles and whistles and a little magic?

Chronic Electronic/Computer/Techno Challenged. "Warning, do not underestimate my degree of ignorance"!
gambit0 is offline  
post #106 of 193 Old 10-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
MaxH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montgomery County, MD
Posts: 699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow, lots of questions. Let me try and answer what I can.

Quote:


Originally posted by gambit0
After I registered with the ReplayTV site it said my model was a 4040. The guy I bought it from said it was no different from the 4500 except that he upgraded me to a 120 hour drive. He said that it could also do IVS and I saw something that looks like an Ethernet place to put a cable/cord into.

True, the only difference between a 40xx and the 45xx is that the 4000s came with lifetime activation as part of the purchase price, while the 4500s allowed you to pay for lifetime or monthly after your purchase. Otherwise they are identical, and they both have ethernet. However, while a 40xx and a 45xx may share shows both over a home network and over the Internet, they can't do either with a 50xx or 55xx, which can also only share between themselves. But if you sign up for Poopli and indicate your model number, you'll only see the available shows from compatible units (4000s and 4500s).

Quote:


I hooked up my ReplayTV to my phone line but now I want to hook it up to my computer/internet to use the photos, copy and burn CD's/VCD's and DVD's as well as send and receive shows. Now it seems that the first thing I need to do is obtain a long Ethernet cable/cord (cable or cord)? And then a router/switcher/hub thing.

You could get by with an ethernet crossover cable between your computer and your ReplayTV, but that's inconvenient for most people. If you have dialup internet service, you're not going to be able to use Poopli and your ReplayTV will probably have to use the phone line to get it's guide data. (There are ways around that, but they're more complicated, and if you do have dialup you can try those after you get all the basics down.) If you have cable or DSL internet service, you should already have a router between your computer and your cable/DSL modem, if nothing else than to protect your computer. (The WBR-G54 and WBR-G542 by Buffalo Technology are very popular.) Then, if your ReplayTV is in a different room, you will need the router to be a wireless router, and you will need a wireless bridge or something that can act as a wireless bridge. There are a lot of threads on what hardware people here like or don't like, so you may want to read more about that.

Quote:


The people at ReplayTV said to get a Linksy Wet11. The guy I bought the ReplayTV from said to get a Linksys BEFSR41?

Don't listen to anything they say about networking. They build DVRs, not routers. They also tell you to open ports on your router that are like leaving your front door wide open with a sign saying "HACKERS WELCOME".

Quote:


Another question I have is that I can't quite figure out the difference between the DVARCHIVE, which I think is a downloadable program and Poopli, which I think maybe a website where I can go and download and upload films/shows? Now there seems to be this other thing called reVue?

DVArchive is an amazing program that allows you to store shows from your ReplayTV on any computer and play them back over the network on your ReplayTV. It does much, much more than that, but that's it's basic function.

Poopli is a web site where you can let people know what shows you have on your ReplayTV, and they can ask you to send them a show over the internet; you can also see what everyone else has and ask someone else to send one to you. It's kind of like those need a ride/can give a ride bulletin boards, it's at its core a way to help people find what they're looking for, but then both parties have to do the actual sharing themselves.

Quote:


I think I am going to order a 20 foot Ethernet Cord/Cable and maybe the Linksys BEFSR41, if that seems to be right. The thought of getting that hooked up gives me day sweats.

Please read some threads on routers before buying anything. But once you're trying to set things up, you can come back here, and someone who has the same router can probably give you some advice.

Quote:


The DArcive thing seems to be what I have to have inorder to burn CD's, VCD's and DVD's.

DVA will get the shows to your computer. ReVue is a nice little program that will make rtv_tools much easier to use, and rtv_tools is what will actually edit those files so they are ready to be burned. Or so I've heard. I still haven't played with them much. But there's plenty to read on these programs. Here's a good place to start: jbarr's ReplayTV to DVD HOWTO guide.

Quote:


Getting that up and running gives me both day and night mares. Which brings me to my final query, the likes of which takes my panic well over the top. I bought a VCR/DVD combo about a year ago and paid a little over four hundred for it, only to find that it could only play what is called certain regions and certain CD and DVD formats. So to release that burning sensation in my head I gave it away a week after I got my ReplayTV. Now from everything I read so far it says that my ReplayTV can not store/copy anything to a DVD recorder/player. I also have a TV/VCR combo and it seems to record everything from my ReplayTV to a tape fine but when I try to copy something from the VCR tape to the ReplayTV it doesn't work. My neighbor says that is because my TV/VCR combo is to old a model and it doesn't have any out feeds or something like that.

That's right, you need to have the outputs from a VCR or DVD player going into the inputs of your Replay to record anything from tape or DVD to your Replay.

Quote:


So, I am now hunting for another VCR/DVD unit but now I am getting attracted to just getting a DVD recorder/player. My notion is that if I can't get the ReplayTV to copy things directly to a new DVD player/recorder I should be able to send what is recorded on my ReplayTV to my computer and burn it (with the help of DArchive) to CD's and DVD's and also reverse the process??? Can anyone tell me if this Herculean rocket-scientific feat can be done? I don't see why I can't just copy stuff from my ReplayTV direct to a DVD recorder with some wires and plugs and belles and whistles and a little magic?

You can plug a VCR or standalone DVD player/burner's inputs to your Replay's outputs, play your show on your Replay and press "record" on the other device to record directly to tape or DVD. There's even a "Send to VCR" option on the Replay that gives you a countdown to hit record. But you can't edit out commercials or change the size of the recording or create chapters for multiple episodes with that method the way you can when you export, convert, and burn to DVD. You'll have to decide which you prefer, as both are quite possible and done every day, most likely.

Anway, the most important thing is to start reading older threads and skimming for those on creating DVDs, and on choosing routers and setting up a network. (The search function is very literal, and is only recommended if you're looking for something specific, like mentions of "Wet11" or "BEFSR41".)

Psst, I got yer TV shows
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, buddy.
MaxH is offline  
post #107 of 193 Old 10-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Newbie
 
gambit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow, thanks Mr. Nice Guy. I'll light a candle for you and place you just between Florence Nightingale and Captain America with patient, thoughtful and considerate people like you on the planet I don't think Peace On Earth and Good Will are such a pipe dream!

Chronic Electronic/Computer/Techno Challenged. "Warning, do not underestimate my degree of ignorance"!
gambit0 is offline  
post #108 of 193 Old 10-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Senior Member
 
BassKozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can you pause Outgoing/Send transfers ? I know you can pause incomming/receive transfers thru my RPTV, but can u pause outgoing ones ?


Thanks
-BassKozz
BassKozz is offline  
post #109 of 193 Old 10-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Senior Member
 
BassKozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can you pause Outgoing/Send transfers ? I know you can pause incomming/receive transfers thru my RPTV, but can u pause outgoing ones ?


Thanks
-BassKozz
BassKozz is offline  
post #110 of 193 Old 10-09-2004, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
j.m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by BassKozz
Can you pause Outgoing/Send transfers ? I know you can pause incomming/receive transfers thru my RPTV, but can u pause outgoing ones ?

Not really. However, you can always disconnect the ethernet cable or disable the port forwarding entry for IVS in your router for as long as you want to "pause" the transfer. Disconnecting the ehternet will obviously prevent channel guide updates etc., so you probably don't want to do that for very long.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of WinDVA, the Win32 DVArchive launcher
j.m. is offline  
post #111 of 193 Old 10-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Member
 
tour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
Since the last soft. update I don't have IVS anymore on my 5504. I used the Wirns method to install it in the first place. So now I'm asking if it's possible to get shows from Poopli and download them in my pc instead of directly in the RTV ? After I could stream it from PC into RTV.
Thanks
Alain


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tour93 is offline  
post #112 of 193 Old 10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
j.m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by tour93
Hello,
Since the last soft. update I don't have IVS anymore on my 5504. I used the Wirns method to install it in the first place. So now I'm asking if it's possible to get shows from Poopli and download them in my pc instead of directly in the RTV ? After I could stream it from PC into RTV.
Thanks
Alain

No, it's not currently possible. There are ways to get IVS back on your 55xx. Please search for details.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of WinDVA, the Win32 DVArchive launcher
j.m. is offline  
post #113 of 193 Old 10-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Member
 
nutzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just want to say Poopli is great....

I missed the season premier of a show due to a schedual change.
Didn't realize I missed the show until several days later.

So, I signed up with with Poopli around 5:00 pm
Setup my Replay to receive shows
Logged into my SMC router & added the replay port to be forwarded to my Replay IP address.
Went back to Poopli, found someone who had the show & requested it.

Checked back around 10:00 pm - (first chance I had) & the show was waiting for me to download it !
nutzo is offline  
post #114 of 193 Old 10-19-2004, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
adone36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I just had a disaster. I moved a season of episodes to disk and then someone swiped the removable cage off my desk.

I don't remember but can you send a show that was sent to you by someone else?

If you can, can someone send you BACK a show you sent him???

Tony
adone36 is offline  
post #115 of 193 Old 10-19-2004, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
icecow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 7,899
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Originally posted by adone36
I just had a disaster. I moved a season of episodes to disk and then someone swiped the removable cage off my desk.

I don't remember but can you send a show that was sent to you by someone else?

If you can, can someone send you BACK a show you sent him???

No you cant.


You can take a svideo cable and connect it to the input and output then do a manual record as you play the show.

You are in effect recording analog style. The trick is you are playing and recording on the same replay.

After that you can change the name and send the show
icecow is offline  
post #116 of 193 Old 10-19-2004, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
adone36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Rats, the only people that have the shows are either people I sent to or don't answer requests in 3 days.

Has anybody transferred the 1st season of Joan of Arcadia to DVD?

I'll reinburse anyone 5 to 1 for the trouble to burn me a set.

Tony
adone36 is offline  
post #117 of 193 Old 10-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Newbie
 
gambit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey dude, I'm a Newbie with only 60 GB of free space left on my hard drive. I'm using about 28 GBs now out of my 100 GBs. I am not tech-no savvy but I am willing to learn. I liked what you had to say. I like the people at Poopli a lot too. I also have a pretty good upstanding of how the corporate/advertising world sees life and they are definitely anti sharing/privacy and freedom. They are quite willing to go to extremes and I do mean any extremes to pursue bucks, mega-bucks. That said, I see more possibilities and pioneer's are always barked at, although with good intentions. I would surely like to learn how to do those things that you described. I just bought my first ReplayTV 4040 about two weeks ago and I am waiting on a delivery of this over priced DVD Recorder/Player $499 that seems to have all the bells and whistles on the plus side DVD+R, DVD+RW and all kinds of Cd's because I would like to do a lot more things with my ReplayTV and I love sharing. I just installed DVArchive yesterday and that's got me spinning. I went to this website http://g04.com/html/modules.php?name...article&sid=26 to learn how to burn DVD's from my ReplayTV and send them back to my ReplayTV and share them with others and man it seems like a crash course in rocket science but I think I will learn a lot. If you have the time and are so inclined I would sure appreciate your help. Also thanks for being willing to step out there!

Chronic Electronic/Computer/Techno Challenged. "Warning, do not underestimate my degree of ignorance"!
gambit0 is offline  
post #118 of 193 Old 10-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Newbie
 
gambit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1) I don't understand what are Poopli points, even thought I clicked around the Poopli site to try and find out?
2) I am getting addicted to Foreign shows and I can't seem to get enough of them. So, far I get about six or seven shows on my ReplayTV and every time so far that I did a check, Show Data Base on Poopli, it only comes up with the shows that I have saved on my ReplayTV. What would be a good way to find foreign shows/films even with subtitles that I could leech and share?

Chronic Electronic/Computer/Techno Challenged. "Warning, do not underestimate my degree of ignorance"!
gambit0 is offline  
post #119 of 193 Old 10-21-2004, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adone36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
1) You send a show, you get a point. People send you a show, you get a point on the other side.

2) You'd have to search by episode or show title. If none come up, it is possible someone has them, but are not shared. Post a specific request and someone might send you the show. You are very limited because most of Replay sharing is 5000 replays.

You cannot leech and share. If someone sends you a show, you can't send it to someone else.

Tony
adone36 is offline  
post #120 of 193 Old 10-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Newbie
 
gambit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If I am reading this right:
"I just had a disaster. I moved a season of episodes to disk and then someone swiped the removable cage off my desk.
I don't remember but can you send a show that was sent to you by someone else?
If you can, can someone send you BACK a show you sent him???
No you cant.
You can take a svideo cable and connect it to the input and output then do a manual record as you play the show.
You are in effect recording analog style. The trick is you are playing and recording on the same replay.
After that you can change the name and send the show.

Then this is a work around to send Received Shows?

Chronic Electronic/Computer/Techno Challenged. "Warning, do not underestimate my degree of ignorance"!
gambit0 is offline  
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off