Poopli FAQ for AVS - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 193 Old 01-22-2005, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My RTV works fine on the Tester, but got error message as follows on your 2nd link (w/o getting to test sender's IP/Port)...any other thoughts? Thx.

p.s. How do I reboot the RTV (is it simply power off and then back on)?

Error Message on Your 2nd Link to test senders connections
HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Illegal operation on empty result set
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageExceptio n(PageContextImpl.java:498)
at org.apache.jsp.myPooper_jsp._jspService(myPooper_jsp.java:82 0)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.ja va:92)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServl etWrapper.java:162)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServl et.java:240)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java :187)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:200)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:146)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standar dWrapperValve.java:209)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineVa lveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPip eline.java:433)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase. java:948)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standar dContextValve.java:144)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineVa lveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardCont ext.java:2358)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHo stValve.java:133)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Error DispatcherValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineVa lveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepo rtValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineVa lveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Standard EngineValve.java:127)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapte r.java:152)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler. java:300)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.ja va:374)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java :743)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(Channel Socket.java:675)
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.ja va:866)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.ru n(ThreadPool.java:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

root cause

java.sql.SQLException: Illegal operation on empty result set
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.checkRowPos(ResultSet.java:3617)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.getString(ResultSet.java:1772)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.getString(ResultSet.java:1837)
at org.apache.jsp.myPooper_jsp._jspService(myPooper_jsp.java:23 8)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.ja va:92)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServl etWrapper.java:162)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServl et.java:240)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java :187)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:200)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:146)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standar dWrapperValve.java:209)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standar dContextValve.java:144)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardCont ext.java:2358)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHo stValve.java:133)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Error DispatcherValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepo rtValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Standard EngineValve.java:127)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapte r.java:152)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler. java:300)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.ja va:374)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java :743)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(Channel Socket.java:675)
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.ja va:866)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.ru n(ThreadPool.java:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/4.1.31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 193 Old 01-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Remember, you need to log into Poopli first to use the second link.

To reboot a Replay, it usually means a soft reboot, which means (WHEN YOU ARE NOT RECORDING ANYTHING) you hold down the power button for about ten seconds until you hear the fan and hard drive shut off. It will take 3-4 minutes, so don't reboot at 7:59 if you're recording something at 8:00. A hard reboot, which should hardly ever be necessary, means unplugging the Replay and plugging it back in. Not recommended, and if it needs to be done, I recommend soft rebooting and yanking the plug right when the fan shuts off, before it restarts. That way, you're catching the Replay when it's shut itself down and minimizing the chance that you're yanking the plug when the Replay is writing something crucial. Should hardly ever be necessary, if at all.

Psst, I got yer TV shows right here, buddy.
post #153 of 193 Old 01-22-2005, 10:24 PM

Ok- I tested out on IVSTester as did sender, did soft reboot but still am not getting any popups to allow download to begin, i.e., thought if I went to RTV I could click and accept as per following instructions above--do I need to enter senders internet identity or something to enable this??? Thx.

"check your ReplayTV unit under the Received tab. Select the show title and from the resulting pop-up select Accept Show. "
post #154 of 193 Old 01-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by HonestLeeD
Ok- I tested out on IVSTester as did sender, did soft reboot but still am not getting any popups to allow download to begin, i.e., thought if I went to RTV I could click and accept as per following instructions above--do I need to enter senders internet identity or something to enable this??? Thx.

"check your ReplayTV unit under the Received tab. Select the show title and from the resulting pop-up select Accept Show. "

Wait, you said before it was at 0%, which means you accepted it and can see the listing in your Replay Guide, but it displays 0% without progressing.

Do you see a Received tab in your Replay Guide? Is there anything in that category?

Psst, I got yer TV shows right here, buddy.
post #155 of 193 Old 01-23-2005, 08:18 PM

If I accepted it, did not do so with knowing I was; I've never seen anything related to this on the RTV???
post #156 of 193 Old 03-17-2005, 02:15 PM

I have two ReplayTVs. I just started using Poopli actively a week ago. When I log on to Poopli, it will not show "My Show Database" for either ReplayTV. I tested my IVS using the tester and they both work OK. Also both units show up on my.replaytv.com with the database, and Poopli Updater shows both units and databases. I requested a show and it is in the process of being downloaded. So I can't understand why my database doesn't show up at the Poopli site. I have two shows hidden, but that's all. Any ideas?
post #157 of 193 Old 03-19-2005, 12:40 PM

sorry I don't know--I'm admittedly tech challenged that said I'd suggest posting this ? as a new question and you might get a reply--I still can't figure out how to set static ID on all my PCs to avoid need to do soft reboot alluded to above as someone else suggested to me! Really need some handholding to get there...good luck!
post #158 of 193 Old 03-19-2005, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

bobwhite I would suggest posting your question as a new topic. as HonestLeeD said, but on www.poopli.com in the forums there
post #159 of 193 Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 PM

any suggetions on where I might find info on how to set static IP address for all PC's (& if that really solves signal drift issue that precipitates need for soft reboot)? thx.
post #160 of 193 Old 03-19-2005, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I am not sure the exact 'signal drift' issue you are referring to, but giving all of your network devices a static IP is not too difficult

1. In your router settings, turn off DHCP. Find out your network's subnet mask as well as the first 3 numbers in the IP address (for example, Linksys routers usually by default have an IP of 192.168.1.x and a default subnet mask of 255.255.255.0)

2. On your computers go to the Control Panel, then Network Connections. Right-click on Local Area Connection then scroll down the list to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), highlight it, and click the Properties button. When there, fill out the info with an IP that corresponds to your router's for the first 3 numbers and make the last number between 2 and 254 (192.168.1.123).

3. Do the same thing on your ReplayTVs by going to the Menu button, then Setup, then Network and Input Settings.
post #161 of 193 Old 05-27-2005, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

bump to save from archive

Later, Rob

Select a link for questions on: Remotes, JP1, JP1 Forums
I prefer emails to PMs, my email is rob1 (at) rockabilly (dot) net
post #162 of 193 Old 08-09-2005, 05:10 AM

still cant find replay id..have replay ser# and key, but dont see id
i have a 5504 unit so were do i find it. and there is no... Internet Identity and Address Book on the menu
thanks
chad
post #163 of 193 Old 08-09-2005, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Chad, the 5504 units do not support Commercial Advance or Internet Video Sharing out of the box. You need to revert your unit to an older version of software and then run WiRNS on a computer on your network to activate CA and IVS on a 5504. A good starting point is www.replaytvupgrade.com.
post #164 of 193 Old 08-09-2005, 06:25 AM

dog gone it @@@@@!!!!!!!!
i have wirns , but i will have to pull the hard drive on replay to do that right !!!
post #165 of 193 Old 08-09-2005, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadjones99 View Post

dog gone it @@@@@!!!!!!!!
i have wirns , but i will have to pull the hard drive on replay to do that right !!!

Let's not let this Poopli thread turn into a WiRNS thread, so please post any WiRNS questions to the following thread instead...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=504981

Later, Rob

Select a link for questions on: Remotes, JP1, JP1 Forums
I prefer emails to PMs, my email is rob1 (at) rockabilly (dot) net
post #166 of 193 Old 08-09-2005, 12:23 PM

well it is kinda the same thing... on this matter anyway, i am hearing that the 5504 will not ivs, to pooli , but wirns will, so should i list the info on poopli off of the wirns info on my oc, and will that stream the video to my pc ?
thanks
chad
post #167 of 193 Old 08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Chad,

Read, read, read, read. Read about WiRNS, read the information at www.replaytvupgrade.com, and most importantly, READ the gentle nudge from Robman to not ask another WiRNS question in this Poopli thread.

Ed Qualls - Just Add Power
post #168 of 193 Old 08-09-2005, 07:22 PM

for one thing , thanks for the help, really, ok but this is a wirns and a poopli question, and i a m not sure whitch will haelp me so that is why its on both threads
post #169 of 193 Old 08-21-2005, 04:09 PM

Hi,

I have a 5040 upgraded with a 250GB drive, hooked up to a dynamic IP network through a wired connection to Netgear WGR614 wireless router being used as a wireless access point, which in turn is hooked up to a SMC barracuda router SMC7008ABR. The SMC router is set up as the DHCP server. The SMC router is set to forward port 40801 to the ReplayTV unit.

The setup passes the IVS test site:

Asked ReplayTV server about unit at ISN 00004-54831-69416.

Found on Replay server.

The IP for your ReplayTV is 68.121.242.222
The Port for your ReplayTV is 40801

Successfully contacted ReplayTV unit.

The ReplayTV says:

ISN: 00004-54831-69416
Nickname: Traderjim

Your IVS settings appear to be correct

When I request a show, the request shows up in the "received" tab and I click on "accept". The "downloading" message shows up for a few minutes, but then I get back the message "the downloaded show is no longer available".

The Poopli member was kind enough to resend the show to me several times, but the same thing happened each time.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Walter Wu
post #170 of 193 Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 PM

Hello and thank you for all of your help. I've used this forum for over a year for all of my av faqs. Since I'm not much of a talker and I try to read and listen before I speak, I decided to register and ask for some help, so this will be my first post.

I'm running one 55xx Replay converted for IVS/CA; one pc is running DVA - another is running Wirns and I've just recently jumped on the poopli train. Everything is running smooth without conflicts or errors. She passes all tests and is able to receive and send shows that I've recorded only. When I attempt to send a show I have received from a poopli member, the option to send is not included in the pop-up dialog. In addition, the shows I receive from poopli members are not showing in the poopli updater; only the shows I've recorded. Poopli and my.replaytv show all of my show information; shows personally recorded and those received from poopli.

My question: Can I edit or move the shows I receive so I am able to send those shows or am I failing to configure a setting correctly?

All of my attempts to move shows around have failed.

Thanks for your time.
post #171 of 193 Old 03-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Great info! Thanks!
post #172 of 193 Old 06-01-2006, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaloon View Post

I'm running one 55xx Replay converted for IVS/CA; one pc is running DVA ...

From your description then you are setup correctly with Poopli. You can't directly re-send shows that you received from Poopli users.

However there is a workaround using IVSMagic about which I sent you a PM.

Thank you for reading thoroughly before posting. It's like a breath of fresh air.
post #173 of 193 Old 06-01-2006, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

If he has a 55XX "converted", then he must be using WiRNS. WiRNS supports sending received shows directly from the modified ReplayTV.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't learn more about IVSmagic - it's great! It's just not required to send received shows.....

post #174 of 193 Old 12-24-2006, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaloon View Post

the shows I receive from poopli members are not showing in the poopli updater; only the shows I've recorded. Poopli and my.replaytv show all of my show information; shows personally recorded and those received from poopli.

My question: Can I edit or move the shows I receive so I am able to send those shows or am I failing to configure a setting correctly?

All of my attempts to move shows around have failed.

Thanks for your time.

Probably you already did this but in ivsmagic you have under STATUS window you have to put a check mark next to "include received" to include those shows in your poopli shared shows.
post #175 of 193 Old 04-28-2007, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Is Poopli still active? I'm having problems connecting to it today and it's been a couple of months since I last used it.
post #176 of 193 Old 04-28-2007, 07:32 AM

Used it last night to request a program and got it today. Seems fine.

Steve

Against stupidity even the gods contend in vain.

Frederick Schiller
post #177 of 193 Old 04-28-2007, 08:52 AM

It was, as was said, fine last night, but I can't get to it since about 6.20a this morning EDT. The name resolves to the IP, but the connexion times out til the browser error appears.

I have got, albeit very delayed, some emails confirming show completion during the morning however.

Cheers,
Scott
post #178 of 193 Old 04-28-2007, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Must be a DNS or IP routing issue for some of you folks. It has never stopped "working" for me. I have logged in/out several times this morning and last night from multiple PC's.

post #179 of 193 Old 04-28-2007, 09:43 AM

The DNS resolves to 216.154.213.97 but check the trace below...I'm dying somewhere in the deltacom network.

Ed, if you read this can you post to the poopli forum and/or get word to Archie?

Cheers,
Scott
LL
post #180 of 193 Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 AM

I have an IVS issue I can';t seem to figure out. I was recieving a show which got to 14% and bombed. I get an error stating "Experiencing network errors. Check your internet connection." There are no error in my Wirns log. The IVS test comes back fine. I replaced the Wirns DNS with my router DNS. I even tried the not recommended DMZ. I've also tested my ports at the GRC site to see if they are blocked (they are fine). Nothing seems to work. My PC's can use the internet fine. Any ideas? I will try using my providers (comcast) actual DNS address next but, I think it still won't work. Thanks for any help.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page