post #91 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Clay Schneider
ipchicken appears to tell porkies. It says 'ports are open', when a scan by 'shields up' at www.grc.com finds none open. How can I believe ipchicken...
The rest of ipchicken may not be correct, but my IP was reported correctly...fyi :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 06:33 PM

Awesome upgrade Gerry! Well worth the wait!!

Sorry to be so late to the love fest. I had to play w/ 3.0 all day before I found something to complain about. ;)

The release notes talk about the icons that identify which shows will be recorded and how (i.e. one-time guaranteed, recurring etc). But where I expect to see filled in circles I see open circles.

Anyone else notice that??

Thanks so much to Gerry and the long list of tireless alpha and beta testers for all the hard work.

I concur with those who continue to feel horribly guilty about having this program for free. :)
post #93 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
For anyone who does not know where to get their external IP(WANIP) just goto www.ipchicken.com
You can also go to www.dslreports.com They have free security checks that will look for open ports, netbios, etc.

To Gerry,

Awesome, awesome job! Took me a couple of hours to get DVA running (I had a badly corrupted Java / DVA 2.1 setup that required a fair amount of heavy handed registry hacking to get rid of). The TV listing Guide was of particular interest to me. I've been dabbling in using zap2it datadirect for a program I am writing to control a JVC 30K HD recorder. I am impressed with the download speed I got with your program an the fact I did not have to go to another site to register my zip code. However, I do have a question. I'm not sure what service you are using but it appears that you can only resolve shows to the the half hour. Is this correct? I know you're very busy answering more important questions than this so if you care not to respond, that's ok.

Regards.

Jim Kollar
post #94 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Clay Schneider
ipchicken appears to tell porkies. It says 'ports are open', when a scan by 'shields up' at www.grc.com finds none open. How can I believe ipchicken...
The IP is correct, But other parts of the page are advertisments. Ignore the rest of the page.

If only she could be paused like my ReplayTV.
post #95 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by moyekj
Gerry, another issue with Upcoming Shows. The "Duration" column does not show extra minutes used when padding a show. For example I have a 150 minute basketball game setup to record and I padded it out an extra 30 minutes, so the total Duration should be 180 minutes - DVA is showing 150 minutes. Are show paddings considered in conflict detection? Thanks.
Howdy,

Yes - before/after padding is fully supported and considered for conflict detection. However, the upcoming TV show stuff is TV show oriented and shows the dimensions of the show slected (or conflicted) only.
post #96 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jrgreenman
The release notes talk about the icons that identify which shows will be recorded and how (i.e. one-time guaranteed, recurring etc). But where I expect to see filled in circles I see open circles.
Not a surprise, but it works for me. Non-guaranteed things are open, guaranteeds are filled in. I'm seeing this with single circles, double circles and squres (theme recordings).
post #97 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jameskollar However, I do have a question. I'm not sure what service you are using but it appears that you can only resolve shows to the the half hour. Is this correct? [/b]
I get all show details down to the minute. So if a show starts as 1:13 and runs 17 minutes, I get the details just like that and if you click on such a show, the show details will show those numbers. However, for the purposes of the grid displays, I try to fit things into 30 minute increments as it makes it easier to understand.
post #98 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally posted by gduprey
Howdy,

Yes - before/after padding is fully supported and considered for conflict detection. However, the upcoming TV show stuff is TV show oriented and shows the dimensions of the show slected (or conflicted) only.
Got it, thanks!

TiVo 6 tuner Roamio Pro, Elite & Premiere + MoCA networking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #99 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 07:08 PM

Just adding to the Gerry for King posts here!

Next time I pass through A-squared I owe you a Blimpie Burger and a barley pop. :)
post #100 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not a surprise, but it works for me. Non-guaranteed things are open, guaranteeds are filled in. I'm seeing this with single circles, double circles and squres (theme recordings).
That's all working fine for me too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #101 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So if a show starts as 1:13 and runs 17 minutes, I get the details just like that and if you click on such a show, the show details will show those numbers.
Thanks Gerry!
post #102 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 07:59 PM

First-time user -- I like it! Worked right out of the box, but I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to edit or delete pending scheduled events?

2) I was curious to see what the Web page looked like, the one people talk about above, but I just get a 404 error with IE or Mozilla. I'm trying to hit it from the LAN, not the outside, so I can't imagine why it doesn't come up. Is there a specific home page I have to specify in the URL? I looked on the Server tab, and everything seems appropriate there. Just pointing to the IP (http://192.168.1.100) should bring it up, right?

Thanks
post #103 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rseiler
Just pointing to the IP (http://192.168.1.100) should bring it up, right?

Thanks
Try http://192.168.1.100:8080
post #104 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

2) It doesn't run on port 80 so you'll need to add :8080 to your URL (8080 is the default for 'web server' in the DVArchive configuration, if you've changed it, reflect the correct port number after the : in the URL.)
post #105 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 08:03 PM

Ok, let's say I'm an idiot and have been poking around for, oh, two hours and can't figure this out.

The release notes say I can schedule a recording via the WebServer, but I don't see a button or anything to do it.

Anyone know how??
post #106 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

jrgreenman, first make sure scheduling is enabled on the webserver screen. Next click on any show that starts in the future (shows in progress or in the past won't get the button) and you should see a "RECORD" button next to "FIND ALL".

Gerry, at the risk of feature creep for the inevitiable point release I put a "FIND REPEAT" button in PRG that's pretty handy (if I say so myself). Basically it searches for the Title *AND* episode title ... always wanted this option on the RTV itself...
post #107 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Thompson
jrgreenman, first make sure scheduling is enabled on the webserver screen.
Of course. The ol' not-so-secret-checkbox trick. :)

Thanks!!
post #108 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Gerry,

Absolutely cool. I installed V3.0 and it ran flawlessly on a Win 98SE on a Pentium II 350. Love it.

Thanks

Norbert in Elk Grove
Host - Totally Cool Tech Podcast

post #109 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 08:55 PM

I can access the Web server now -- not sure how I missed the port.
post #110 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 09:18 PM

OK, I didn't find this in the FAQ's, or readme, but is there an errorlog (or crashlog) for DVA 3.0? The process froze on me forcing me to restart it. I think it was caused (at least it happened at the same time) by a Replay error. I was streaming from one to the another Replay and the picture froze, causing the receiving Replay to crash (not involving DVA at all). Anyway, DVA froze at that point. Just curious.
post #111 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

You can specify -log2file on the command line for starting DVA that will produce a log file. ( You may have to also include -debug, I forget ;)
post #112 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, so that would be from a cmd prompt:
java -jar DVArchive.jar --log2file log.txt
You can get other options by typing:
java -jar DVArchive.jar --help

post #113 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
* TV Listings Integration. You can view a TV Listing grid for your area,
search the listings for shows, view upcoming recordings and conflicts and
schedule shows to record (scheduling recordings is for ReplayTV 5xxx only,
for now).
Gerry as a 4xxx owner I am really looking someway to be able to schedule shows remotely. kjac was talking about adding such a thing to Wirns and your "for now" comment suggests perhaps you have plans for 4xxx remote scheduling support sometime in the future. Will this be sometime soon - if not can you throw out some pointers as to how one might go about doing this?
The only inkling I have on this is to emulate how myReplayTV schedules shows on the RTVs remotely. Thanks for any pointers.

post #114 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
kjac was talking about adding such a thing to Wirns and your "for now" comment suggests perhaps you have plans for 4xxx remote scheduling support sometime in the future
The 5xxx models added additional commands that allow one to schedule shows to be recorded using guide information already on the 5xxx box. This is not available on any 4xxx box. I would suspect (and I may be off base one this, but I don't think so) that the only way you'll ever see remote recording on your 4xxx is to have manual recording (and all of it's limitations) of your shows. In other words, the program that starts recording on your 4xxx would have to first switch to the channel you want to record at the proper time, start recording, and then end the recording (using the CCIO commands). The 5xxx boxes do not have this limitation.
post #115 of 499 Old 03-21-2004, 11:33 PM

Running Mac OSX version of DVA 3.0. Can't get it to start the DVArchive Server on startup, even though I have 'Automatically Start Server' enabled in the prefs. Any ideas?? It is terribly inconvenient to have to start it manually every time.
post #116 of 499 Old 03-22-2004, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have to add my note to the love fest. Gerry this is a masterpiece! Congrats on a job well done. It took me a while to get my ports straight, did you know typos can hurt you? Arrrgggghhhhh. Once I got past that, whooooppppeeeeee. It WORKS! (Remote Internet part).
Thanks and so where do I send the "donation".... :D

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #117 of 499 Old 03-22-2004, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

james, Actually one way to do programming on a 4xxx box remotely would be to emulate the myreplaytv.com during the 'phone home' sequence... Of course this would still have a small blackout window limitation since the Replay would still need to go into 'phone home' mode.
post #118 of 499 Old 03-22-2004, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Thompson
james, Actually one way to do programming on a 4xxx box remotely would be to emulate the myreplaytv.com during the 'phone home' sequence... Of course this would still have a small blackout window limitation since the Replay would still need to go into 'phone home' mode.
and Wirns does indeed do this.....I've tested it on my 4k and it works great!

aka Petroeng @ Poopli.
post #119 of 499 Old 03-22-2004, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moyekj
Will this be sometime soon - if not can you throw out some pointers as to how one might go about doing this?
Right now, WinRNS is the best way to do this. I had started to do this in DVA V3.0 (when I was dealing with other RNS related stuff) and put it aside as it was one too many things on the plate at that time. I'll try to get back to it, but I can't promise when.

I am working on a patch release to address *bugs* folks have found (no new features) that will probably be available later this week. Then I need to take some time to work on some other projects that have been languishing while V3.0 was being developed. So the earliest I will probably return to this will be later summer (and that is when I'll return, not when there could be a release). Just setting expectations...
post #120 of 499 Old 03-22-2004, 08:14 AM

Gerry-

Hellllp!

I installed V 3.0 and everything was working great.. Had both instances working flawlessly (two nic cards bound to each instance) and all was right with the world...

Then i had a system crash.. (not related to DVA) and now whenever i try to start up DVA i get the message that ir had an improper shut down.. Then it just hangs forever on the startup window "DVArchive is Starting Up, Please be Patient....."

help! I ................................

never mind......... it just came up.....heh....

guess i need to be more patient.............

whoops. :)

DVA ROCKS!!!

TOM
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page