Dish Network and Replay channel overload - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-27-2004, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Whoa!!

I just upgraded my satellite system to receive my locals and in the process went through the list of all Dish channels I receive, wrote them down, then went through the "Add/Remove Channels" list on my Replay 5040.

It's very confusing because Replay maps the channels to different numbers than those that show up on the Dish receiver. None of the Dish 4-digit channels are in Replay's list as 4-digit channels...they're all mapped to 3-digit numbers.

Anyone have a cross-reference chart?

Or, I guess I'll have to write down all the call letters and enable or disable channels based on that instead of channel number.

:rolleyes: Whew!

--Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have the same problem. I just had to sit down with some paper and take my time.

Franky I am just feeling lucky it works at all!
post #3 of 8 Old 08-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Aiee! I just got a 5040 & Dishnetwork 322. I just made a list of the subscribed & unsubscribed Dish channels, so I can remove the unsubscribed ones (presumably through the RTV?). So, evidently, I need to map the Dish numbers to the RTV numbers.

Anyone who does this first for the national channels will save other people a lot of time, please!!!
post #4 of 8 Old 08-28-2004, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hilbert1862
Aiee! I just got a 5040 & Dishnetwork 322. I just made a list of the subscribed & unsubscribed Dish channels, so I can remove the unsubscribed ones (presumably through the RTV?). So, evidently, I need to map the Dish numbers to the RTV numbers.

Anyone who does this first for the national channels will save other people a lot of time, please!!!
Tons of duplicates.

I delete everything over like 500 unless I know for a fact that I subscribe to it at that channel number.

For example, Channel 2 in atlanta is mapped to channel 2, plus something up in 800, and somewheere else too...

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 Old 09-15-2004, 09:51 AM

I have a problem with integration between ReplayTV 5080 and Dish 811. I have Replay set to use Dish, San Diego for local channels and 6 channels appear in the Replay menu. However, when any of them are selected, Replay gives the old college try of syncing thru the IR blaster and then retunes to the channel it was already on. I believe the local channel that I am selecting is a 4 digit number and replay can only punch in a 3 digit number. That said, I must not be the only one having this problem. Additionally, the menu is totally in consistent with Sirius channels spread throughout the normal programming. Thanks for your response in advance. Stace
post #6 of 8 Old 09-15-2004, 05:28 PM

I just ran into a similar problem last night when I was trying to setup my 811 with my Replay 3060. I tried all of the IR codes provided and none worked for me either. Does anyone have any additional information on this matter. I am still researching online, but have not found anything yet.

Thanks

Ward
post #7 of 8 Old 09-15-2004, 09:06 PM

Found out the correct code is 0775. My problem was that I did not have the remote address set to 1. Apparently the remote address needs to be set to 1 for the IR code to work. After I changed the address to 1 everything is working fine. Hope this helps.

Ward
post #8 of 8 Old 09-15-2004, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
I've found the same thing to be true with my Dish Network receivers and my Replay 5040. Replay doesn't (apparently) understand anything but Remote Address #1. In my case where I have more than one receiver in a room, I just changed the other receiver to something different so one remote doesn't run both receivers.

I still haven't made myself a "channel map" to cross-reference between the Replay channel numbers and my Dish Network "180" package with locals. But keep in mind it IS important to be sure you tell your Replay the channels you DO NOT receive as part of your Dish channel lineup...or your Replay will eventually try to select a channel that you don't receive and therefore cause the receiver to get "stuck" on the Dish error message that can only be dismissed by a channel-up or channel-down IR command...something that the Replay can't do.

--Brian
Closed Thread ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page