MediaMVP Media Center Project - sub $100 true thin client? - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 642 Old 04-14-2007, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://tf.nist.gov/service/time-servers.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 642 Old 04-17-2007, 02:35 PM

ReplayMirsky, I wasn't having this problem and now I am.

The mediamvp config has been set to time.nist.gov and it looks like its getting the correct time. By my stopwatch the mediamvp and the replaytv look like they have the same time. Yet, the mediamvp continues to display the off by more than 40 seconds message.

Trying alternate time servers.
post #633 of 642 Old 04-17-2007, 06:42 PM

Yeah, my "time" wasn't necessarily off, but the YEAR was 1969, so check that. I did see a reply in another forum from somebody who explained it though. Basically, as time goes on, many of the NIST servers will not be accepting RDATE any longer, and apparently, the server we each pointed to started that effective last week or so. Use some of the others to test. You'll have to modify the config file, then stop and restart the Hauppauge services or reboot the XP machine it runs from, then reboot the MediaMVP itself to see if the new one worked. After rebooting the XP box and the MVP, the easiest way to check is to open a web browser and browse to the IP you give your MVP box. It'll show the time, date, etc.
post #634 of 642 Old 04-23-2007, 01:28 PM

I record video from an HDTV set top box to my ReplayTV. The video looks fine on my 16x9 monitor but it appears too tall on my old 4x3 TVs.

Can mvpmc enable my MediaMVP to display the 16x9 enhanced video properly in a letterbox on my old 4x3 TV I'm not ready to throw out just yet?

Thanks
TIM
post #635 of 642 Old 04-23-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheDVDeed View Post

I record video from an HDTV set top box to my ReplayTV. The video looks fine on my 16x9 monitor but it appears too tall on my old 4x3 TVs.

Can mvpmc enable my MediaMVP to display the 16x9 enhanced video properly in a letterbox on my old 4x3 TV I'm not ready to throw out just yet?

Thanks
TIM

Yes, assuming your mvp is setup to display a 4:3 aspect ratio. If you mean does it interpret anamorphic widescreen for the enhanced video as far as I know it does not have this functionality

For your widescreen mvpmc can also use wide screen signaling capabilities too, but I'm not sure if these are enabled in replay tv mode

Martin
post #636 of 642 Old 04-23-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Thanks
TIM

I am guessing...

Your HDTV monitor may be able to auto switch.

You have recorded your HDTV to an NTSC PVR w/o the black top and bottom bars.

So if you...

Send the ReplayTV a NTSC signal w/the black top and bottom bars, it will probably play back fine on your NTSC TV. And I would think the HDTV monitor would auto switch or at least have the ability to manually switch to an image w/o the back bars on top or bottom.

Of course...

You just reduced your vertical resolution on all displays.
post #637 of 642 Old 04-23-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st5000 View Post

I am guessing...

Your HDTV monitor may be able to auto switch.

You have recorded your HDTV to an NTSC PVR w/o the black top and bottom bars.

So if you...

Send the ReplayTV a NTSC signal w/the black top and bottom bars, it will probably play back fine on your NTSC TV. And I would think the HDTV monitor would auto switch or at least have the ability to manually switch to an image w/o the back bars on top or bottom.

Of course...

You just reduced your vertical resolution on all displays.

Huh? The image has no top and bottom bars. It's an anamorphic NTSC mpeg just like what is on DVDs. I want to watch that mpeg on a 4x3 TV. I need the MediaMVP to toss lines of resolution and add top and bottom bars just like a DVD player does when you watch anamorphic (16x9 enhanced) DVDs on a 4x3 standard resolution TV.

TIM
post #638 of 642 Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:

Huh? The image has no top and bottom bars. It's an anamorphic NTSC mpeg just like what is on DVDs. I want to watch that mpeg on a 4x3 TV. I need the MediaMVP to toss lines of resolution and add top and bottom bars just like a DVD player does when you watch anamorphic (16x9 enhanced) DVDs on a 4x3 standard resolution TV.

TIM

Yes, I see what you are saying.

I was suggesting you supply the ReplayTV with such a signal (NTSC w/the black bars at the top and bottom). Not the best solution, but I think it will get you what you want on your old set.

I don't know if the author of the ReplayTV client of mvpmc included provisions to do what you want. As it would be unusual for the ReplayTV to be recording anything other then 4x3 NTSC material (i.e. unusual to record your squished 16x9 in an NTSC format).
post #639 of 642 Old 06-03-2007, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

So I recently setup my media mvp again and was going to put attach it to a small tv. I tried it on my large TV to set it up via Svideo and everything worked fine. Then I tried to attach it to my smaller TV using composite and I get no video output. Anyone have any ideas?
post #640 of 642 Old 06-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyber View Post

So I recently setup my media mvp again and was going to put attach it to a small tv. I tried it on my large TV to set it up via Svideo and everything worked fine. Then I tried to attach it to my smaller TV using composite and I get no video output. Anyone have any ideas?

You might have to connect to the Hauppauge software with their dongle and setup the video output that way. I have not actually experienced that problem though. mvpmc itself makes no permanent changes. If you are using a dongle.bin.config though you'd have to change the output type if you specify -o svideo.

Martin
post #641 of 642 Old 06-03-2007, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post

You might have to connect to the Hauppauge software with their dongle and setup the video output that way. I have not actually experienced that problem though. mvpmc itself makes no permanent changes. If you are using a dongle.bin.config though you'd have to change the output type if you specify -o svideo.

Martin

I tried this and still the same result. I have a feeling this is a hardware problem I even telneted in and restarted mvpmc with the "-o composite" option earlier and still it didn't work.
post #642 of 642 Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Hi...

A new feature has been added to MClient (for now, get the latest nightly builds under download at www.mvpmc.org, not sourceforge - that should come later w/a release.). If you are running an MVPMC (MediaMVP / Happaugge) box and a Slimserver (from slimdevices.com) music server then you might be interested in this feature.

You can now browse your music library by album cover art using the MVPMC / MClient software if your slimserver server is set up with cover art!

When in MClient, press the menu button then select the browse text line in the widget that pops up. You can look a 6 album covers at a time. Use the arrow keys to move around and the OK key to play the tracks off a particular album.

Most people hang out on the developer and user sourceforge lists if you have any questions or comments. The MClient wiki page is being updated - but, admittedly is hard to find.
LL
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page