New extract_rtv5 - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 164 Old 03-21-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Version 83 of extract_rtv5 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version adds for renaming files to check that the new name doesn't already exist...

Henry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 Old 06-30-2013, 08:57 PM

Liked: 10
Hello Henry or whoever else is there,
I had a replay box go into setup while I was trying to get a pogoplug box to work.
I may have logged into the replay unknowingly or something.
Any way it asked for the partition size for photos.
and whatever else. When done all the shows did not show up any more.
Well this made me deside to set up a different computer to check my drive with all these
nice software tools out there.
I also had a couple small drives that had went bad before and checked them and was able to get several shows form them with the xmls too.
They were not erased just the drive could not boot any more.
This one though was a 200g maxtor about 1/2 full I had bought at a swap meet for about $2 or $3. It had some diode shorted on the power line and I was able to get it running before I used rtvpatch to copy a good system onto it.
Anyway now after the thing screwed up it showed no shows and I unplugged it so it would not write over the missing ones.
I used the extract_rtv to download several videos without descriptions.
I looked at the 1st part. and saw there were some files called filedarrays in the sub dir of "5" directory that seem to be at least partial descriptions.
I tried several of your -u and -d functions but was only able to get some file and dir names on screen and no xml file out to the dos dir.
Is there a way to make the xmls with these filedarrays.
Each one seems to be for one of the videos but which one is unsure.
Also I have a Tivo too that had several bad sectors and I copied the drive to one without bad sectors with raw copy util and it still wont boot up. I wonder if there is a way to copy system onto the drive without loosing the file information for the shows?
Maybe I should have asked on a different forrum? Sorry if so.
I saw a guy asked earlier about his replay with a similar condition a few screens back
but nobody seemed to reply.
I can get Dvarchive to import the files but it takes so long compared to just copying them over and also I have to view the video and name it to match what it was.
I f I knew what some of the charactersor data were in the .filledarrays I might be able to make a little GWbasic program to insert the data into a xml sample file.
It would be nice if something pointed to the filename of the mpg.
Please don't ;laugh about GWbasic I haven't been a programmer all my life I used to type in Compute magazine programs way back when. I am more of a hardware guy any way. Oh Is there a fix for no network or phone on a replay 5504 box?
I guess I saw a serial port mod , could that mean the uart or modem chip
in the reply could cause both modem and ethernet failure?
Thank You,
Cy
post #153 of 164 Old 06-30-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You can read about the .filedarrays in that directory here. extract_rtv5 already uses the .filedarrays when you use either the -dx option to read the ones you can see, or -udx to read the ones that have been deleted. You can use the -d option just to see the information about the files described by the .filedarrays, the -da option to see the information about all the .filedarrays files, or you can use the -ud option to see the information about the deleted .filedarrays, or the -uda option to see the information about all the deleted .filedarrays...

Henry
post #154 of 164 Old 07-01-2013, 05:06 AM

Hello Henry,
Thanks for replying so soon,
I tried using most of those commands and usually got only
the drive detected 5500 type and byte swapping and version replay channels.
for reply.
the filed arrays are visible under the explorer and extracted so I could look inside without the u command.
The replat does not see them or it looks like the extract_rtv does not ether.
All I can get is a listing of files ect scrolling by that dous not look like show data.
Is there some other command I need to use to get the xmls to come out?
also I think you could update the readme with a fuller list of commands, It does not have all those newer ones you added. I finally found some on forum posts and some show up if you enter without - anything behind the extract_rtv.exe
I was juming back and forth between computers lookinig them up so I could press f3 to reenter the commands without so much typing.
I got all the mpg evt and the other ones but no xmls yet.
Could it be you need to type in a name for the .xmls to go into or direct it at a certain file.
In the .filedarrays there is the channel, the show, the episode, one sentence disc, and list of actors, maybe director too and the paths to it. user/replay channels/5/replaychannels/1234567789.filedarray
I don't see any other filedarrays there.
post #155 of 164 Old 07-01-2013, 05:16 AM

Oops! I grabbed the wrong keyboard.
I also noticed that I could not get a 9+gig mpg to import into the dvarchive.
I was able to extract it though but I havent tried to play it yet.
I also -r ed a getreplayguide file it may have several of my showsin it but also a bunch of stuff about shows i did not record.
Thanks again,
Cy
post #156 of 164 Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 AM

Oh I found the snapshot dir with 2 files one small for the replay channels and a big one that I could not get to read it said it could not find it when i tried to save to windows disk.
However I had copied several of the directories from the 1st part. before and it looks like it saved that time.
Maybe the drive is too hot after saving all the mpgs and leaving it on so long etc.
I will need to get it to cool down and then try to get the -ud commands to work.
If they don't work would it be possible to get the extract_rtv to work with the snapshots and the other .filedarray file?
And the 9 gig file looks like it will play on a computer but I don't think I will keep it anyway I tried to record several shows from a sort of marathon but the signal went out and only got less than half ,rest was blue screen.
Thanks again,
Cy
post #157 of 164 Old 07-01-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVRDVR View Post

In the .filedarrays there is the channel, the show, the episode, one sentence disc, and list of actors, maybe director too and the paths to it. user/replay channels/5/replaychannels/1234567789.filedarray
I don't see any other filedarrays there.

I assume you read in the documentation I linked that there should be several files in there, one for each set of recorded shows of the same title. If you run extract_rtv5 with the -da option, then it will display whatever usable information it can get out of that .filedarray file. The source is in the file download, so you are welcome to play with it as much as you want...

Henry
post #158 of 164 Old 07-01-2013, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVRDVR View Post

Oh I found the snapshot dir with 2 files one small for the replay channels and a big one that I could not get to read it said it could not find it when i tried to save to windows disk.

If you can save the snapshot files to the computer, then you can use Guide2XML to create the XML files, or use GuideParser5 to display the show information...

Henry
post #159 of 164 Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Hello Henry,
That was what I was looking for all along,
The guide2xml it gave me a good reply after a little pause.
52 xml files created from the backup I had made near the start of my exploits of all the folders in part 1 user.
The larger snapshot file was the one with all my file names in it.
So what i needed to begin with was that filename and the guide 2xml since the extract_rtv could not accsess the larger snapshot file anymore.
Although I think I had also made a 500 meg backup of the drive with rtv_patch that I might have been able to use to get the xmls from if the image
was read without a blank bad sector etc.
I knew the data was in this larger snapshot file after looking in it with notepad.
I will just now have to put the files together into the dvarchive target dir and it should be all ready to go.
I went to the page to down load the guide2xml and there was the thing saying get the latest version but it lead to guideparser which I noticed printed out the list of files on screen. So I went back and had to click on the little 2.5 or somthing like that down lower on the page to get the guide 2xml.
Once I get done with all that I can go back and scan the drive for bad sectors and see how bad it realy is.
Thanks a big lot.
Cy
post #160 of 164 Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM

Hi Henry,

Wow, you are a RPTV god! You've had this thread going for years. I hope it's OK to post here as I have had trouble finding the info I need. Seems replays are not the prevalent DVRs these days. Anyway, here's my deal:

I've had my 5040 for 10 years. The original drive failed after 3 years and we are still using the 200GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 that I replaced it with. In that time there have been several crashes where I just needed to re-enter the network and input info and everything was fine. One time though, all shows were lost. Crashes seem to happen more when there is transfer with a poopli user going on.

This latest crash though gave me an error I'd never seen. After all settings were entered and I choose "keep all settings", it does the usual connecting to the service but stops and says "unable to connect to replay service" and says "unexpected result code 80820012". I couldn't find much on this out there, but the best info I found suggested that it might just be some corrupted system data. So I thought I could just copy the shows off, do a system reset, then copy the shows back. And if I couldn't copy the shows back, I could put them in DVArchive and watch them from there.

I'm trying on both Mac OS 10.6.8 and Windows 7 with the drive connected by USB.

On windows, RTVPatch 2.5.3 (with gui) can see the replay drive just fine, and on Mac RTVPatch 2.5.1 (with Terminal) can see the drive.

I was hoping to use Extract as I mentioned above, but on mac when I try extract_rtv5 (extract_rtv_83_osx) in terminal, all I get is "extract_rtv5: Permission denied". I've tried Sudo in there also thinking that it needed a password, but it still says Permission denied.

And on windows, when I try it in a command window, it says there are no RPTV drives on the system. I also have that GUI extract 1.6 but it doesn't see anything either.

Can you offer any enlightenment or guide me to a thread or post I may have missed?

Thanks a lot!
Scott
post #161 of 164 Old 07-02-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not really all that keen on posting on AVSForum any longer, so you're better off posting on PlanetReplay if you want me to reply. This is pretty much the only thread I monitor on AVSForum since I created it. But, there's a similar thread on PlanetReplay and you'd have better luck posting there...

You might could have gotten around the net connect error by using 2-4-3-Zones to Clear Channel Guide TWICE in a row, and then try the net connect again. That usually takes care of that error...

As far as running extract_rtv5 on the Mac, be sure you give it execute permissions...

As far as running extract_rtv5 on Windows, be sure that your command prompt has administrative privileges. In Windows 7, it isn't enough to have administrative privileges in your user, you have to also open the command prompt with administrative privileges, which I posted here...

Henry
post #162 of 164 Old 07-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Henry,

Thanks so much for answering here. Is there a similar active thread at PR I should look at?

I had tried to do the 243 zones but it didn't seem to respond since no network and input settings could be saved. Should I do it when at the "You must activate your replay" screen?

I consider myself to be mostly a mac "expert", but I'm not sure how to give execute permissions in terminal.

After I wrote my post, I realized that my wife's machine has XP so I tried it there. In command prompt I can see the drive and all the shows doing a -l. Now, is it possible to copy the shows to a folder on another disk for use in DVArchive, and then copy them back to the drive after doing a reset on the drive?

Thanks again!
Scott
post #163 of 164 Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl31 View Post

Thanks so much for answering here. Is there a similar active thread at PR I should look at?

I said there was, and it is right here...
Quote:

I had tried to do the 243 zones but it didn't seem to respond since no network and input settings could be saved. Should I do it when at the "You must activate your replay" screen?

No, it's only in the 2-4-3-Zones screen, and you select option 2, Clear Channel Guide. And, you do that TWO times...
Quote:

I consider myself to be mostly a mac "expert", but I'm not sure how to give execute permissions in terminal.

You use chmod...
Quote:

After I wrote my post, I realized that my wife's machine has XP so I tried it there. In command prompt I can see the drive and all the shows doing a -l. Now, is it possible to copy the shows to a folder on another disk for use in DVArchive, and then copy them back to the drive after doing a reset on the drive?

You can use extract_rtv5's -e option to extract the shows, and use the -dsx option to create the XML files so you can use them in DVArchive. That is all explained near the beginning of this thread and the PR thread. You cannot copy them back...

Henry
post #164 of 164 Old 07-02-2013, 01:28 PM

Thanks a lot Henry. I'll try these things and switch to the PR thread.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page