help with room to room sharing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-28-2006, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
last week i woke up to find that my replays saw each other 4504,5504,5040 then they disappeared the 5040 i did 243 zones then 17 the 5040 will see the 4504 but says its off line.teh 5504 see no other units and the4504 has no way to find other units . i have a linksys befsr41 wired router .i have dvarchive but do i need it to share room to room?and what do i need?pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-31-2006, 11:47 PM

4000 4500 units are not compatible with 5000 units so no you can't share that one. The 5000 and 5500 should be able to share if they are on the same lan. Your 5000 supports internet video sharing your 5500 doesn't unless modified. To use internet forwarding on your 5000 you have to enable it and assign a port in the replay menu and you have enable port forwarding on your router. (neither is necessary for sharing room to room.)
post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2007, 09:52 AM

Pat,

Can you tell us what worked in your setup before?

The 5504 and 5040 can stream from one to another, but they cannot interact with the 4xxx series. DVA replicates some of the functions of a RTV and is recognized as just another RTV on the network, so it is not necessary to share between the others.

You should also differentiate between streaming and sharing. All 5xxx RTVs can stream shows between each other. However, sharing involves a transfer of a show to a different box, and 55xx series RTVs cannot so this unless they are adapted to make use of WIRNS.

3RTV over ethernet + DVA show server over buffalo wireless
post #4 of 4 Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

to tell you the truth i dont know i got up one morning to watch something and noticed the option of other replays in guide,i accessed the kitchen one from bedroom and was able to watch a show i had one there but then the next time i tried it dissappeared when i accessed it i have all three hard wired into the router {linksys befsr41} along with my computer then the router directly to modem .ive done 243 zones 17 and the 5504 see the 5040 but says its offine sometimes the 5040 will see the 5504 says same thing.ive rebooted all three , rebooted router and modem.right now i can ping all three and dvarchive sees all.if i could though id like to be able to watch on one replay something i have on other without going thru dvarchive.pat
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page