unable to authorize connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have recently purchased a panasonic showstopper pv-hs1000. i tried connecting it to get local numbers. all i get is a statement "Unable to Authorize Connection", do i need a new hard drive, or need to go to some website to activate it. please i need some help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynell1dog View Post

i have recently purchased a panasonic showstopper pv-hs1000. i tried connecting it to get local numbers. all i get is a statement "Unable to Authorize Connection", do i need a new hard drive, or need to go to some website to activate it. please i need some help.

This will occur if the operating system is grossly out of date. To find out what version software you have press 411, so you see it on the screen, and then press the "zones" button within 5 seconds. If you did it fast enough, a special screen will open up. If the software version reads 2.0 (I believe it's the top line) then the software must be overwritten with current version software 3.02 before it can connect and download guide data. I can help you with the overwrite if need be for a small fee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page