Thank you all for your input and suggestions.
When I initially trouble shooted the problem, I deleted a few shows, even though it said that there was room for 79 hrs. So I deleted a few hours worth of shows, then tried it again with no change. Then I rebooted it, soft reset, and again, no change.
So I gave up for awhile and posted my message today just hoping to find a solution for it, knowing that all shows would be lost if I did not.
Then this evening I thought that I would delete a lot more shows hoping that it would make a difference. So I deleted about 20 hours worth of shows and reserved time, which put me at around 100 hrs of free space. This did not fix the problem, at least not directly, then I decided to reset the machine again, and now it works.
So it I'm almost certain that it was the combination of deleting the shows and rebooting, but who knows, maybe if I'd just tried rebooting again it would've been fixed.
Anyway, for what it's worth, that how my problem was resolved.