Source for Seagate DB35 drives? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody know where I can get a 250Gb Seagate DB35 (PATA) disk drive without paying an arm and a leg? CDW apparently only has the SV35s left. Those will probably work fine, but it appears they're not designed to be as quiet as the DB35s. That's important to me. There's a couple of places selling them to ReplayTV users, but their prices suck. I don't need somebody to install the image for me. Ebay units are again geared toward ReplayTV users and are expensive as hell.

If not, how about a decent price on a SV35? CDW's got them, but they're a bit high. They're my fallback if nothing else is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 PM

PCConnection has them.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-05-2007, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Ordered. Thanks!
post #4 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 PM

I also thank you for the tip. The WD 320 I put in has been flakey since the swap so I am going to replace it. Do all the DB35's work with a 5K unit? I noticed there are 7200.1-.2-.3 in the series. I though that maybe my ..er the 5K unit's flakiness could be due to the WD JB I used or the size. Putting in a DB35 250gig should cover the bases but now I am used to a 320gig. Are the 320's as glitch free as the 250's (which are in stock)? Should I wait till they get more 320's in?

Best regards,

Ed

Make something idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grebbler View Post

I also thank you for the tip. The WD 320 I put in has been flakey since the swap so I am going to replace it. Do all the DB35's work with a 5K unit? I noticed there are 7200.1-.2-.3 in the series. I though that maybe my ..er the 5K unit's flakiness could be due to the WD JB I used or the size. Putting in a DB35 250gig should cover the bases but now I am used to a 320gig. Are the 320's as glitch free as the 250's (which are in stock)? Should I wait till they get more 320's in?

Best regards,

Ed

I don't have the answers to your HD questions, but when I hear "flaky" and "ReplayTV-5k" in the same sentance, I think power supply problems and grounding screws. Next time you have the top off on the RTV, go to each board mounting scew, back it out (loosen it) about 1/2 turn, then tighten it back down so that it is snug.

Then, go through the steps here to check the power supply connectors on your RTV.

Still no news from New Zealand.
If we ever get any, we'll be sure to let you know.
Reply ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page