Zone 2 RS-232 Controller - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-08-2010, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I am lucky enough to own an Integra DTR-50.1 receiver and simply LOVE it! I'm using it to the fullest extent of it's capabilities, zone 2 component with TV speakers, zone 2 speakers in the bathroom. I really am using every ounce of it's power! So I am wanting to build what I am calling an in-wall controller that will allow me to control the zone 2 speakers while I'm in the bathroom. I have done some looking at MicroControllers such as the pic brand and am also interested in learning some more about programming and think this may be a perfect opportunity to learn about many things all in one project. I work at a high-end AV store so I have access to the FULL Integra RS-232 specifications and know what codes I would need to use. So my question to the great people of AVSFourms is does anyone have much experience in line with what I am attempting to do? Any tips or direction that you may have would be greatly appreciated! I know I could do many of these things with a remote control of some sort, but I'm looking at this little project as a learning experience and something fun to do! Excited to see what you guys can come up with!
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page