Any Environmental Potentials EP-2050 users out there? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2011, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thinking of giving the Environment Potentials EP-2050 Home Protection Waveform Correction Absorber a try. EP's main guy Doug Joseph certainly talks a good game and seems to make the whole philosophy make sense. It seems to have gotten good reviews in the past and I know there are a handful of forum members using them. If you all could come out of the woodwork and share your experience with this unit, or the ep-2450 for that matter, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 08:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I replied to your post on AA.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Old 04-15-2011, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 259
$750 for a surge protector? They can't even get their website to work. Surely you jest?
Attachment 209196
LL
Old 04-16-2011, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
$750 for a surge protector? They can't even get their website to work. Surely you jest?
Attachment 209196
Well, actually, I am far less interested in its abilities as a surge arrester, and far more hopeful of its abilities as a noise suppressor. I got terrible buzz through speakers, radio stations over speakers, sibilance, etc. My house is sandwhiched between two radio transmitters, both within a couple miles. The technology seems to be similar to the PS Audio Noise Harvester in that it converts the interference to heat/light rather than shunting it to ground. The difference, as I understand it, is the PS Audio works on a very narrow spectrum, while the EP covers a rather wide spectrum of high frequency noise. Like a gaint whole-house Noise Harvester. The theory sounds great. I just wish I knew if it actually worked.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Take a look at Total Protection Solutions web site. They have a superior filtering technology for noise and internally generated transients. Click on the "residential" tab to view their whole house solution for protection of high-end electronics. I distribute their products in Florida to the healthcare and high tech manufacturing vertical markets.