Repairing LCD TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-22-2011, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found a 32" Toshiba HD LCD TV in the compactor room of my building. It looks new, power light goes on, but nothing else seems to work.

Any chance of fixing it easily, or do I just put it bac?

Sam, NYC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-25-2011, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
depends on how good you are with electronics, troubleshooting, and what the problem is.

One thing I'd try since you say it turns on but nothing seems to work. Turn the tv on and use a bright flash light to shine at the screen. Look to see if you can see any of the wording or input labels that typically appear when a tv is turned on. If you can see them its probably a bad backlight or bad inverter. If you can't then it could be something with the video scaler board.

I recently found a 47inch 1080 tv out for the trash down the road from my house. Picked that baby up, cracked it open and found bad caps on the video board and a bad power supply. Replaced bad caps on video board for about $4, had to replace bad power supply after we tried to fix it. Still got a 47 inch 3 year old 1080 lcd tv for about $180, not bad for a secondary tv no dead pixels no cracks and included the stand and remote.

I'd google the model number and see what you come up with, could be a known issues with the model. Also check badcaps.net and search the model number there. Could be something cheap and easy could be something big and not worth the trouble.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page