Power Bridge needed for Projector installation? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I am about to install a front projector in my living room. The projector is going to be about 13-14 feet back from the screen and my components.

Ideally, I want to run the power through my Panamax so the projector can be protected like my other components.

It looks like some people will run a heavy duty extension cord across the attic and drop it down through the wall, eventually coming out and into the Panamax.

Then I read about a "power bridge" being used to safely run the power through the attic and down the wall so that it can be plugged into my Panamax.

Which is the preferred way of doing it? I have found some power bridges priced around 60 bucks on the web, but I am not sure how easy they are to install since I am in no ways an electrician...

Lastly, I have received three quotes from local HT installers to see if it would be affordable to have it installed by somebody. Two of the installers have quoted me $150.00 for the power bridge and the third said he would just use extension cords...

Any input on this? Should I post this in another thread?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Follow the directions. You'll need some additional cable form a HD/Lowes/Etc for the run between the outlets and a couple electrical boxes(this kit might include the boxes). It's pretty straightforward.

As far as I'm aware extension cord in wall would be again code. I would never call that third installer again for anything.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettore View Post

I would never call that third installer again for anything.

Agreed!

If you don't want to purchase a "kit" all you need to make it work is an inexpensive inlet (less than $10) with the matching cord (you can make your own for $5).

....or have a licensed electrician do it for you as his supply house will carry all the needed parts and he will actually know how to install it properly.