post #91 of 98 Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM64 View Post

Uh oh, I touched a nerve...when one posts a rambling nonsense sentence such as that, it's because you've been defeated....try to control your anger little one

I see samantha is obsessing again not being able to put forth a intellectual argument for anything...I'll wait for him to throw his boogers at me and call me a poopy head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppopioneer View Post

I would hope maybe you would show some integrity and practice what you preach, pull those surge protectors out of your home and rely solely on a Whole House Surge Protector because as you said >>>>>

So there is hypocrisy and inconsistency in what you preach and what you actually live by.

Not so. Gee, you really like to take a simple statement and twist it to fit your argument and jump to unwarranted conclusions. My reference to the power strips was only intended to show that MOV based equipment lasts a long time when properly sized, and when it does fail, doesn't necessarily result in a fire or shock hazard. The two point-of-use surge protective devices I have in my house right now are in use simply because I needed a couple of power strips. I had them before I moved into the house. There is nothing particularly sensitive on either one. Almost everything in my house is protected solely by the whole-house system, including my HT gear, alarm system, computers, miscellaneous TVs and audio gear, microprocessor controlled appliances, etc. All that gear survived the effects generated on the electrical grid when a cross-bar on a high voltage trunk failed resulting in the high voltage lines shorting together and blacking out tens of thousands of customers, and the subsequent re-energization of trunk when repairs were done. Others I know of were not so fortunate because they lacked adequate surge protection.

Not only that, I have mentioned cases in which a point-of-use surge protective device might be warranted. It just happens that many residences, including mine, don't need them.

Well, you have descended back to insults and rhetoric again instead of arguing facts, so I am outta here...
post #93 of 98 Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 74
you make up phrases and believe that they make sense...then you hurl insults when you're schooled.
You're a very bitter and childish person....and it shows.
post #94 of 98 Old 08-29-2011, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppopioneer View Post

I see samantha is obsessing again not being able to put forth a intellectual argument for anything...I'll wait for him to throw his boogers at me and call me a poopy head.

Indeed....you need to grow up.
post #95 of 98 Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post

Not so. The two point-of-use surge protective devices I have in my house right now are in use simply because I needed a couple of power strips. I had them before I moved into the house. Almost everything in my house is protected solely by the whole-house system, including my HT gear, alarm system, etc.

Well remove the power strips because as you said all you need is a whole house surge protector.

Your logic is that of a environmentalist who says Global Warming is a problem and lectures people to live a certain way but you're not willing to practice what you preach. You don't seem to understand basic logic, you're a hypocrite.

Now if you go back to the beginning of this thread you will see how through out this debate going back to page 2 that you have evolved, flip flopped and been inconsistent... your first phase was defending mov based downstream plug-in surge protectors and claiming mov's downstream in plug-in devices are good protection and now you evolved into someone who says they aren't needed even when you own them.

Until you provide your resume and credentials to make such claims then you aren't to be trusted. I have already said in previous posts that I am not associated with the electrical field in any way and that I base my beliefs on Govt reports, Govt agencies like Fire Departments, Independent organizations involved in the electrical field, news reports.
post #96 of 98 Old 08-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM64 View Post

Indeed....you need to grow up.

Still obsessing eh?
post #97 of 98 Old 08-29-2011, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member