Denon AVR1312 Newbie Owner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-22-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just set up a 5.1 surround system with Polk Monitor entry level speakers.
This includes Polk SW and Polk center channel speaker, too. I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player and all components are hooked up via HDMI to a Vizio TV.

For the price I'm fairly satisfied with my set up when watching DVDs. Even Pandora Radio sounds adequate. However, when playing CD's the music quality is not there on some CD's. Some CD's will play through only through the two front speakers and the SW and they sound fine. Some CD's mysteriously play through all speakers front and back and it doesn't sound right.

I have read the Denon manual and it is over my head. (I'm learning!)
Question: Can anyone assist me and tell me how I can go into my Denon menu and change settings to listen to CD's for best Hi - Fi stereo sound?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2012, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXtian View Post

I just set up a 5.1 surround system with Polk Monitor entry level speakers.
This includes Polk SW and Polk center channel speaker, too. I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player and all components are hooked up via HDMI to a Vizio TV.

For the price I'm fairly satisfied with my set up when watching DVDs. Even Pandora Radio sounds adequate. However, when playing CD's the music quality is not there on some CD's. Some CD's will play through only through the two front speakers and the SW and they sound fine. Some CD's mysteriously play through all speakers front and back and it doesn't sound right.

I have read the Denon manual and it is over my head. (I'm learning!)
Question: Can anyone assist me and tell me how I can go into my Denon menu and change settings to listen to CD's for best Hi - Fi stereo sound?
Thanks!

Hey there,

I had a quick look at the manual online and had a suggestion. Page 21 refers to how to change your surround options. Try pressing surround left or right to cycle between the modes. Stereo or direct should use your front, left and subwoofer if you've set the sub up that way. Typically direct will be your best option.

Matthew
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page