DIY 3D LCD projector HELP!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-04-2012, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm thinking about starting a DIY project: A passive 3D LCD "beamer".

I want to get two lcd laptop panels, hook them up to a single LCD controller board, and go from there...is that something that I can buy, or a tweak a controller board to do?

Someone has to have tried something like this already, right? If this isn't the right forum pleases point me in the direction of one. I want/need/would love any kind of help!!! Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I built my own lcd projector (not 3d) around 2004/5 with a 15" desktop lcd monitor and a 400W bulb. I think you could save yourself a lot of headaches and use two desktop monitors with DVI/HDMI, then connect both to a PC. There are devices that the diy 3d projector (dual projector) guys use to connect one PC to two projectors. This would be the easiest in my opinion.. Trying to wire laptop lcd screens is going to be a pain in the butt. There are some panels you can buy which connect to generic controllers that have HDMI/DVI/VGA, but I think it would almost be cheaper now to buy two cheap lcd monitors.

I haven't looked into using laptop screens since I built that projector years ago, so maybe there are some new options available.. but at the time it was easiest to go the monitor route as it had all the connectors/controllers required.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page