New electric projector screen-can you switch the side the power cord is on? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't been able to find much info about this and the "manual" that came with this screen, but I rember seeing somewhere that it is possible to switch the side of the screen that the power/control cord falls on. Any guides out there on this, is it only on certain screens, etc. I tried searching but came up with nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post

I haven't been able to find much info about this and the "manual" that came with this screen, but I rember seeing somewhere that it is possible to switch the side of the screen that the power/control cord falls on. Any guides out there on this, is it only on certain screens, etc. I tried searching but came up with nothing.

I've replaced the screen on a motorized projection screen, and have probably done most if not all of the steps required.

BTW you may have to remove the screen from the roller along the way.

My first reaction is that what you want to do is a lot of work for any good that you might obtain.

If you want to see the parts of the screen to help you work out your strategy, here is a drawing showing them all:

http://www.da-lite.com/products/parts_pdfs/299.pdf
post #3 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Huh, thanks for the info. I thought I remembered coming across some instructions for switching the side the cord was on and it seemed very easy. Almost like: just remove the endcaps and swap the power control circuit board from one side to another. Since mine has motors on both sides, the power is already run across. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw those instructions though. I just don't want to grenade a brand new screen because I missed something simple.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page