Splitting Composite - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
AaMania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Folks have a video hook-up question ( I hope this is in the right sections of the forums)

Adding an expansion to the bar I currently work in, that I do all the A/V, Lighting and Sound for)

I have 8 Toshiba 27'' LCD Tv's I want to hook up to a computer system with a Composite Output.

the tv's are on the 4 corners of the bar back to back (attached to a 2 inch post to have room for cabling).

Coming from the PC i have a Generic Composite Distributor/Amplifier) 1Input to 4 Outputs.

My question(s):

Can I take Y-Splits from each output and attach 2 tv's from a single output from the distributor?

Or is there a "Thru" output on the TVs?

Or do I just have to run multiple distributors to get my signal 1x8?

Audio is not needed just Video..

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, and offering any insight or help....
Need any more information on my setup just Ask!

Thanks,

-Mania biggrin.gif
AaMania is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 AM
 
SAM64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Can I take Y-Splits from each output and attach 2 tv's from a single output from the distributor?

No
Quote:
Or is there a "Thru" output on the TVs?

Doubtful, but only you can answer that.
Quote:
Or do I just have to run multiple distributors to get my signal 1x8?

yes
SAM64 is offline  
post #3 of 3 Old 12-08-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,383
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaMania View Post

Hey Folks have a video hook-up question ( I hope this is in the right sections of the forums)

Adding an expansion to the bar I currently work in, that I do all the A/V, Lighting and Sound for)

I have 8 Toshiba 27'' LCD Tv's I want to hook up to a computer system with a Composite Output.

You know that composite video on large screen monitors, even just 27" looks like @^$$, right?
arnyk is offline  
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off