Russound MCA-C5 & MDK-C5 Keypad macro programming - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'm hoping this post is in the right place! I'm a DIYer, I have the MCA-C5 ( 6 zones used) 1 zone (zone #8) is being powered by my Bose Lifestyle 32 in the family room. I've got a few sources, and soon to add more.

- AM/FM source that is built within the unit
- iBridge dock unit (BGK1)
- Audio out from cable converter box. Wife listens to music from streaming video channels from comcast.

I'm looking to add some more sources now. Looking for something that has Pandora & RS232. Not sure exactly yet., any advice on a inexpensive source ? Done a little research, I see that some guys are using the logitech squeeze box. Also looking to add a video matrix 4 x 4.

I installed this system myself 1/12. And I haven't been successful in finding some documentation on making macros ? (does that mean programming the keypads???) that is how clueless I am to this. I'm not even sure where to start, Basically I want to be able to walk to the keypad, turn it on and the amplifier for the bose system turns on. As it is now, I need to turn on the keypad, and then walk over to the bose and turn that on manually since I don't know how to get them to talk with one another. So I have alot of questions, and not exactely sure where to turn at this point. Do I need run a IR emitter from the MCA-C5 controller at the rack (in the basement) to the bose system so they can talk ? There is the built in IR in the keypad, but does that also communicate to other devices in the room? Or just the controller?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am in a similar situation to you. I decided to go with the DMS-3.1 media streamer. Don't have it hooked up yet, but will let you know how I like it. I primarily chose this device due to the Air Play compatibility.

On a second note, how did you connect the C5 controller to your Bose system in the family room? Did you run a long AV cable from your basement to family room? I am struggling with this.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page