Media Closet AV Display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-22-2013, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, new to the forum. I did a few searches and could not find anything on what I'm looking for. My planned setup is to have a completely hidden media closet with an AV receiver, cable box, blue ray player, and VCR (I like it old school). I'm going to control all of these with an IR Reapeter. That will not be a problem. Where I do run into problems is with my need to be able to see the front display on my AV receiver. I need to be able to see what functions/settings are active, and the only place it displays this is on the front of the box. (it doesnt come up on my tv when changed, just the box display.) What my question is, is there anyway to mod this display or any device that i can wire up to my receiver that duplicates the display that I can put under my tv? I know this is a long shot, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, FYI I am not afraid to take things apart/mod if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM
DGF

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I've never seen it done, but I suppose you could wire another display, that's identical to your receiver's panel, in parallel to duplicate what's being shown....or cannibalize the receiver so that you can extend the connections to the display and remotely mount it. I personally would avoid doing either!

A slightly more practical approach smile.gif, if your receiver has IP or RS232 connectivity, would be to consider a remote with feedback capabilities - a number of the iOS- & Android-based apps allow you to replicate the key panel elements so you can see the specific settings (and I'm sure this can be done with some of the Harmony remotes, but I don't have experience in this area).

Dave
post #3 of 4 Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What kind of receiver do you have? RTI has 2 way drivers for most newer network and rs232 capable receivers. Typically this can give you feedback on volume, surround mode etc..
post #4 of 4 Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Buy a new receiver (Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo etc.; I recommend Yamaha) that has a network control app. Then use an iDevice or Android device of your choice to control the receiver. The app has 2-way feedback which will provide all the info you want to see.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page