Help recording from tv to DVD recorder (assume turner-less) Channels come in only 2-10 & not in correct order! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been trying to use my Toshiba Video Recorder D-R410 (Class 1 Laser Output, ) turner-less I assume, due to no output besides, S-video, RGB, and YRGB, or whatever the red, blue, and green cables are, lol, and then a "Co-Axle" that I do not understand its use, yet have a connector, which is black but looks like the RGB plugs, with my LED and/or Plasma televisions to record DvD's from Cable television although I am without a "Cable Box" which they typically set up your Cable service with initially however my box was stolen & the cable company wants over $500 to replace.
I purchased a RF converter box, and a few different, other extra connection add-ons for RGB & S-Video connections for my home surveillance camera systems that are not installed at this time so thats not my conflict.
Okay down to business....I am using an old Admiral VHSplayer Model#JSJ20453 (18Watt), running the Toshiba D-R410 (purchased 2009-2010@ Best Buy) through it, without the RF Module, will stream about 10 of my 70 basic cable channels, with the module, I am recieving static. I am running my TV & Toshiba at 480p, & I have tried everything I can figure HDMI, RGB, both plugged mostly to my Plasma Panasonic Viera Manfacturer# TC-P42C2, Serial#MA01950085 & on the other side it has >PC
I am at a loss, please help me connect this or I have been browsing Home Theater Systems that either I'd like a Blu-ray with speakers (looking a discontinued, Clearance product package by Sony ) or I could get a reciever and Speakers but I dont know what to go with that is no more than $250.00 before tax. prefer under $200, Please HELP!!!!!confused.gif

P7170277.jpg 218k .jpg file

Carissa (John's Mom)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

ALT=""]http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/163230/width/350/height/700[/IMG][/ATTACHMENT]

Carissa (John's Mom)

post #3 of 4 Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

think this is a pic of possible equipment...cannot tell.

Carissa (John's Mom)

post #4 of 4 Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 PM

Liked: 12
Here's a stab to at least explain what you have. Your Toshiba is a DVD-recorder/player. No hard drive, no tuner, will only record from an outside tuner/source. The " "Co-Axle" that I do not understand its use, yet have a connector, which is black but looks like the RGB plugs" is for Digital audio out to surround sound system. For when used as a DVD player for movies. "I purchased a RF converter box" Don't follow what you mean here. If you are talking about a "Digital Converters" from the transition time, most will not work for cable. (Also, the don't convert, they tune.) The difference being over the air is ATSC digital while cable is QAM digital. It appears the tuner in your Panasonic is ATSC only also. While the vcr is close to the right approach, ie; a tuner before the DVD-Recorder, they are usually not for digital cable, therefore not much use. "without the RF Module, will stream about 10 of my 70 basic cable channels, with the module, I am receiving static" I'm assuming the "module" is the "RF converter box". When you get the 10 channels tuned(streaming is getting through internet) through the vcr, I assume they are the analog from the cable company, which the TV should also get it the cable was directly into it. I really think there would be more, but I'm sure they look like crap on the Panasonic. If you try this, make sure you scan for channels. Did you file a police report when the cable box was stolen? With that, I would assume a replacement box from them is no problem. On the plus side, its wide open as far as shopping for a HT setup, price being your only limit.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page