Is there a way to do this? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I used Leawo Blu-ray Ripper to rip You've Got Mail to my hard drive and then I used iTunes to transfer the movie to my iPod. Only thing though is the movie is not widescreen. I was wondering if there is a way to make the movie widescreen with black bars on top and bottom. That's what I prefer. I do have some tools on hand, like Adobe Premiere Elements and VideoPad Video Editor. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sounds like an issue with the settings you used when you ripped the DVD. I'm not familiar with Leawo but I typically use Handbrake and there are specific output setting options that you select depending on what device you are planning on watching the dvd from (iPod, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, etc).

The black bars are used when the aspect ratio of the film (which can vary movie to movie) is wider than the aspect ratio of your device. The encoder should know and take care of this for you.

See if you can find some canned iPod output formats in Leawo that you might have overlooked before. Otherwise you might consider looking at handbrake to see if it fits your needs.

http://handbrake.fr/