Troubleshooting attic-mounted antenna - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I just moved into a house in Chester County, PA, up near the Lancaster County line. Neither Verizon nor Comcast operates out here, and DISH came out and couldn't get a sight line. Previous owner said he was using an antenna so I figured I could do the same, especially since he wired the house with coax. In fact, it appears that the owner left the attic-mounted antenna and the (for want of a better word) junction box - I checked it out and there's a red light on the box (which I'm assuming is an indication that it's getting power), all the cables are hooked up, etc. But I can't get my two HDTVs (Sony Bravia) to pick up any signals at all if I hook them up to the coax outlets. Nothing. I bought a couple of set-top antennas and can get some (weak) signals - KYW out of Roxborough (outside of Philly), WGAL (not sure where they're broadcasting from), so I know I'm not doing something wrong with trying to tune the tvs. And when we came for the house inspection the tvs were working great, so I know the configuration he set up is good enough to pick up something (he's also an electronics technician so knows his stuff). What am I missing? Should I be looking for a switch somewhere? I'm completely baffled, but would like to start with the assumption that it's something simple.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobins365 View Post

I know the configuration he set up is good enough to pick up something (he's also an electronics technician so knows his stuff). What am I missing?

Did you try asking him? No one will know more about the setup than the guy who installed it...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page