Audio Not on for netflix on smart tv 51 inch samsung with digital to analog convertor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi,

i have my Digital to analog convertor connected to the TV using optical digital cable, but when on netflix the sound does not come on. the only reason i have it is to use headphone jack, to keep the peace.i have the headphone jack on the receiver, but only one side has sound coming on. How do i get the sound when i am on metflic on my smart tv.

The receiver has analog cable provision which do not seem to work with this tv and a coaxial cable connector that I have not tried yet. I suspect netflix would still not have sound. Does anyone know where on the tv i can adjust some settings for it to give sound on the reciever.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-04-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How is everything connected (ports, cable types, etc.) and what devices (brand and model #'s) are being used.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-05-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Does your digtial-to-analog (DAC) converter support Dolby Digital or just PCM? If you bought a very inexpensive model (say <$50), it likely only supports PCM. You may be able to configure the TV / apps to output stereo (PCM) only instead of DD5.1... Which for headphones pay be fine.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page