Amx dvx-3256hd-t - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-04-2017, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Amx dvx-3256hd-t

I didn't find any mention of this issue on the AMX forums so posting here even if its a shot in the dark.

I have several AMX DVX-3256HD-T all running master firmware version v1.4.86.

My issues is, changing the SSH port from the default of 22 to any other port number (say 2200) using the web interface or netlinx via telnet, fails. Both the web interface and netlinx say the changes were applied and rebooting shows that the port was changed but wireshark (network packet capture software) shows that the device is rejecting SSH attempts. The device will not accept SSH connections on any port other than 22 even if configured for a different port. I've tried several devices thinking maybe the issue is isolated to just one system. They all exhibit the same behavior so maybe its related to the firmware version which is the same across all devices.

Logs on the device do not yield any clues. If I change the http or https port, which is handled by apache - not whatever ssh server is embeded in netlinx - then the web port changes take just fine.

Haven't heard back from Harman support on this issue and the latest firmware doesn't seem to acknowledge the issue in the release notes.

Searching the AVS forums I did learn that some AMX VP was convicted of spying on Crestron.. didn't know that, but I haven't seen anything resembling my issues posted!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Tags
amx , dvx-3256 , netlinx , port , ssh

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page