Need some cabinet cooling ideas. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-08-2017, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need some cabinet cooling ideas.

Alright here's my dilemma. I currently have my media server in the upper shelf of a linen closet and need some ideas to cool the space. The gear currently there is a security cam DVR, a 4 drive Raid, a mac mini and a router and Ethernet hub.

To get this out of the way the equipment has to live there. We're already cramped for space and there's nowhere else to put it, nor do I want to go through the hassle and expense of rewiring everything.

I've attached some pics. Currently I have a cool components slim six fan in the header to extract hot air but have yet to figure out a cool air intake solution. On warmer days (80s) it will get up to 88 in there. I haven't been through a triple digit summer yet with the gear.

The cabinet is between two bedrooms and back of the cabinet is a common wall with a wall inside sliding door closets in both rooms. I'm ok to cut a hole in this wall.

Maybe a fan box on thr floor of one of the closets ducted up to a hole in the back of the shelf? I've attached some pics so you can see what I'm working with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-16-2017, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Just remember HEAT RISES. I would put the equipment on tile flooring on the bottom of the closet, or better yet, split the equipment up to a lower and upper arrangement. By putting all your equipment in that single box area your placing all the heat in one location. Perhaps you can relocate part of the equipment into the lower part of the closet. Just some thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page