Component to Scart and Audio Breakout Cable Question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-01-2017, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Component to Scart and Audio Breakout Cable Question

Regarding this item: 1.5m 5 RCA Component YPbPr & Audio to Scart Video Cable/Lead by thatcable.com avaialble on amazon and ebay.

It says that it can convert component video output to a scart input on a television...

Can it also convert a Scart Signal output to a Component Video and stereo input on a television the other way around (It is not powered like other converters)? I have a male to female scart converter to make the cable a scart input...

Or do I need to get a scart to component powered converter box, I noticed the cable above is not powered.

Also... does it matter very much which companies scart rca audio breakout I use in terms of quality? Or do they all just pass through the exact information after the audio breakout feature?

I'm purchasing:
-Valueline SCART adapter with stereo audio SCART Plug -jack stereo Socket 3.5mm 0.2m black [VLVP31930B02]
-How is the quality on this?

Thanks!!

Last edited by InstantEulogy; 05-01-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-07-2017, 10:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked: 852
This is not a converter of any sort - it merely provides the correct connections if the attached hardware can support multiple 'modes' of input/output. From the item's description:

Quote:
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE SETTINGS ON YOUR INPUT DEVICE (E.G. TV) TO ENSURE IT CAN ACCEPT COMPONENT/YPbPr SIGNALS VIA THE SCART. IF IT DOES NOT, THIS CABLE WILL NOT WORK.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix it.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-20-2017, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I think I confused you...it is advertised as being able to go from YUV Component Output to Scart Output to a Scart TV. I'm saying with a female adapter can I go the other way...from a Scart Output originally into a YUV Component output for NTSC Component TV....I doubt it though at this point.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-26-2017, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 224
SCART is a connector - you can carry Composite Video, S-Video, RGB Video and Component Video over a SCART cable.

Component Video over SCART - is very rare so where you are wanting to connect a Source which is Component Video (most often carried on 3RCA) to a TV via its SCART it will be rare that a simple 'cable' will do the trick.

Where you have a SCART Input on a TV which does not support Component Video (99.9% of SCART equipped TV's) you will require a powered Converter which caters for Component Video from the Source and Outputs to either Composite Video. S-Video or RGB (you need to confirm what your TV supports) via SCART.

You will also need to ensure the Converter caters for 50Hz>60Hz conversion if your TV only supports 60Hz signals and your Source is 50Hz.

Joe

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

Ruipro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial system Design, Consultancy, Installation, Supply and Integration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page