Dispersing heat from the sitting area/electronics/room - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-08-2017, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dispersing heat from the sitting area/electronics/room

No way im the only one with this problem. You start collecting monitors, receivers, computers,high powered lights, other components and the area you sit/the whole room in becomes a firepit from hell, or at least 5-10 degrees hotter than the rest of the house. Which starts to suck when its 80f outside. A large bonus here is extending the life of products. I Know those of us who actually use our receivers have probably already learned we have to put fans on them if we run it loud and long and our computers as well we may do this for.

I was thinking of buying at least one dedicated wall mount fan and have it blow across the largest screen, however rethinking i assume I would need like 3-4 fans in total starting on the bottom edge of the electronics area blowing upwards, then going across the largest screen in the center, then to finally a fan to pull that air (up and) away from the area. I already installed my portable A/C in this area, but these things suck and due to their own heat only can lower temps by 3F usually, and are loud as hell. I would still want to disperse that air across the largest screens so their isnt a hotspot in front of them or the PC.

How do others fix this problem? Do you have any pictures of your setups?

What fans would i choose? I would prefer silent as i can get but they of course have to be powerful too.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page