How to control PlayStation 3 with Sony Bravia remote control through Denon AVR x3300w - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-16-2017, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
How to control PlayStation 3 with Sony Bravia remote control through Denon AVR x3300w

I am posting this for the information of others coz I didn't find the same when I searched. I have a Sony Bravia KDL 46w90. I use my PlayStation 3 for watching Blu-Ray movies. When I got my Denon AVR x3300w and connected these to it, I tried finding a way to control all these with a single remote, especially the functions of PS3. When I searched, the only relevant information I could get was that the Power On-Off function of PS3 could be controlled from the remote of some Bravia models (mine was probably not one of those mentioned in the discussion). Yet, while fiddling with the functions of these devices, I recently made an interesting discovery. I had turned On the HDMI control function my TV, AVR and PS3. Then, with all 3 switched Off, I first turned On just the AVR. Next I selected Game as the HDMI input on my AVR (PS3 was connected to the Game HDMI port of my AVR). Next I turned On my TV, Pressed HOME button on the remote - > Went to CONNECTED DEVICES list-> and selected the PlayStation Icon (it may show as AVR instead of Playstation sometimes) - > As soon as I did this the PlayStation turned on (green light) and I had all controls of PlayStation working through my TV remote - - - - Direction keys, Select or OK key, Play/Pause/Rewind/ Forward keys etc. So the PS3 can actually fully be controlled through AVR with a Bravia Remote

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page