Electrical Outlet Placement help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2007, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I will be mounting my 50" 9uk Panny over the fire place with a Sanus vmpl50 tilt bracket.The electrician will be installing an outlet over the fireplace.
Should it be placed under or over the bracket?
TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would first start by maybe finding out if the cord on the tv comes out the bottom or top of the tv.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2007, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

The cord comes out the bottom.Where is the ideal place so it wont affect the tilting?
The wifey wants me to get an installer to mount the plasma.I just feel that If I do it, it will be more gratifying.However I will not be able to do it without the forum's help.Could someone please walk me through it from start to finish?Do I mount the bracket first then fish the video cables?Where can I find a big circle wall plate for my video cables?I will be running HDMI,DVI,and Component.I will also be wall mounting 5 speakers.Is it ok to run my audio and video cables through the same wall plate?Do banana wall plates degrade the audio signal? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2007, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnsin1 View Post

The cord comes out the bottom.Where is the ideal place so it wont affect the tilting?
The wifey wants me to get an installer to mount the plasma.I just feel that If I do it, it will be more gratifying.However I will not be able to do it without the forum's help.Could someone please walk me through it from start to finish?Do I mount the bracket first then fish the video cables?Where can I find a big circle wall plate for my video cables?I will be running HDMI,DVI,and Component.I will also be wall mounting 5 speakers.Is it ok to run my audio and video cables through the same wall plate?Do banana wall plates degrade the audio signal? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Your panel weighs almost 100 lbs. You are going to need some help, you really are.

Using banana plugs on a wall plate for speaker wires is not going to cause any signal degradation or pickup any noise.

There are lots of plates and covers for HT wiring -here is an example

Hopefully people with tilt mounts can give you more help. Though a search in these fora (pl of forums--I just read) should find lots of posts. Good luck to you.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.
-Bertrand Russell
post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Facing the panel, the electrical is on the bottom and to the left, so I would place the outlet (clock receptacle) in that general area. Also, you can probably buy a shorter cable, b/c the stock one is kind of long. In your case, you could put the outlet in the cutout inbetween the bracket as well. I recently did a fairly complex install, I took lots of pictures and notes / drawings, but I have not had the time nor patience to coalesce them into something usable yet.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page