Panamax 7500-pro - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-17-2007, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I was finally able to get my hands on the new Panamax MAX 7500-PRO! I know many will think this is a bit overkill but I am a believer. I had been using a Monster Power product for almost 2 years now. I took it out of my set up a month ago in anticipation the 7500 would be coming sooner. Of course I was wrong (since I just got it yesterday) so the last month I have been using a simple Monster surge protector bar. The 7500 is VERY heavy. It weighs a little over 36 pounds! I was also pleased to see it included a cool USB lamp light. Now that is very convenient when you are plugging everything in. The simple fact the 7500 has a USB input on the back tells you they mean business! It also included rack mount kit with ears, COAX cables, telephone cable, and of course the detachable power cord which is 10 feet long. The 7500 comes with the usual ISOLATED switches and FILTERED outlets. It even has one on the front of the unit. Which I must say this is the BEST looking power management unit I have yet to see. It actually compliments my set up really well. I like that it uses BLUE LED indicators and meters. It matches my Blu ray, DTHEATER, DirecTV HR20 BLACK and HD DVD players! It also has individual SAT COAX inputs and outs and CATV or ANTENNA COAX ins and outs to. It makes things a lot easier hooking up multiple DirecTV receivers with the phone in and 2 out switcher. And the custom settings are very nice. Being able to tell the 7500 which outlets you want live (11 total) is a nice plus! And not to leave out it has a TRIGGER input and output button. Oh and I almost forgot it has a RS232 port for communication! So with all these features you would expect nice clean power with great protection. And you would be right. After using the Monster surge protector bar the last month I can SEE an improvement in my picture Q! Now that is the BIGGEST feature to me. I know it is expensive but the 7500-PRO is built like a tank, and outperforms itself. This should be the LAST power management unit will ever need to buy. After having everything hooked up lastnite we had another terrible thunder storm. With a Tornado warning to! I still slept fine (after the Tornado warning of course) knowing the 7500-PRO has my back in the theater!

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-17-2007, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
i like my 5400 we have had some bad weather of late and although nothing will stop
a direct hit it gives me peace of mine for everything else plus i have a surge blast on
my main panel and all grounds going back to it.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-17-2007, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Wow! You have covered all the bases. So you like your Panamax then?

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
post #4 of 5 Old 05-17-2007, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Wow! You have covered all the bases. So you like your Panamax then?

i think so also use an apc for all the mac stuff.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
One of my M5510 Pro broke so I snagged the last two M7500 Pro's from OneCall.

IMHO just the automatic voltage regulation alone is a huge step forward. Will be using one for the amps and sub, the other one dedicated to low voltage side.

Too bad they took a step back with the M5400 which is now their top of the line product, looks like a bazaar ornament.

In order of looks:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: The M7750 Pros are humming and buzzing, I got totally aggravated a few nights ago listening to a Mozart harpsichord concerto, the hum was getting over the violin tremolo. OneCall sent me return labels.

I am keeping the M5510 Pros for a long time. Panamax service rocks, for a flat fee of $125 they replaced the faulty capacitor and returned my unit within a week. Silence is back in my HT.

Last edited by bobpaule; 08-30-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Reply Tweaks and Do-It-Yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page