Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 10-06-2012, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette View Post

While the PG-13 rating is a shame, the fact that this is coming out in February has me more worried. January and February is where movie studios like to dump their garbage.

My thoughts exactly. I posted this same concen on a different site. Maybe the studio has other tentpole flicks coming out during the summer and they don't want things to get too cluttered? I doubt it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Who cares about the audio quality if the film might suck ass. The studio seems to think so. I never even knew it was coming out and they're releasing it in February!

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #33 of 39 Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Who cares about the audio quality if the film might suck ass. The studio seems to think so. I never even knew it was coming out and they're releasing it in February!

I was thinking the same thing, where were they hiding this one eek.gif Hope it does well, I usually see these at home anyways.

Djoel
post #34 of 39 Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM

Liked: 28
I am looking forward to it. My expectations for sequels aren't that high, especially five iterations in.
post #35 of 39 Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM

Liked: 18
I'm sorry but that trailer is awesome. I can't wait for this popcorn flick. Brings me back to Nakatomi Tower and Carl eating Twinkies in his cop car.
post #36 of 39 Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Liked: 18
I liked all the Die Hard movies so far. No matter what you thought of each movie as a whole it's always fun to see Willis back in the role of John McClane. It fits him like a glove.

For this latest outing I look to the pedigree. The writer and director behind it have each made pretty mediocre junk so far sans maybe The A-Team and even that's arguable I suppose. I may be in a minority on that one but I thought it was fun and treated the source respectfully. Of course I've only seen the extended cut and 20 minutes can make a big difference. So, those two don't fill me with a lot of confidence but that doesn't mean I'm ready to just write it off. It just means I know where to put my expectations. Hey, maybe they'll hit it out of the park this time.

The thing that concerns me the most is the release date. February? That's where the studios put the movies they know aren't good and that they don't have high expectations for. Sure there are some exceptions. The Hunger Games made a killing with a March release and Silence of the Lambs won a slew of awards with a February release but it's few and far between. Everyone knows those months are generally a dumping ground. Are they counting on a built in audience for Die Hard like The Hunger Games had? Every other Die Hard movie so far has been a big summer release. So, why is this one coming out in February? I don't see it as a good sign.
post #37 of 39 Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 540
I actually liked With a Vengeance. Thought the story was more plausible-- albeit in that hollywood wink, wink sort of way-- than the second one. How much **** can one guy really get into? The 3rd movie had a little fun with it at least... anyway, here's my order:

Die Hard -- Classic. One of my favorite holiday movies outside Nightmare Before Christmas and Scrooged. The legend of Alan Rickman begins here. smile.gif
Die Hard With a Vengeance -- Fun and irreverent. Sam Jackson and Bruce Willis work in this movie.
Live Free or Die Hard -- Ridiculous sequel featuring Justin Long in the role of most annoying side kick since Jar Jar Binks. Saved from the cellar by the always excellent Timothy Olyphant hamming it up in the villian slot and that one awesome action scene showcasing Maggie Q.
Die Harder -- Mostly pointless. A cash-in sequel that adds almost nothing to the franchise.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #38 of 39 Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyscure1 View Post

Looks like it will have alot of yummy scenes! wink.gif

Speaking of yummy...

Russian model/actress Yuliya Snigir is in A Good Day to Die Hard. smile.gif

yuliyasnigir.jpg

post #39 of 39 Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM

Liked: 10
I don't get all the negativity about DH4. I've seen them all...and enjoyed them all. But seriously -- are we really going to judge these films by their plausibility? That's just silly. All of them are implausible on their face...so what? I will watch any and all of them when they pop up on TV.
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page