Star Trek: Enterprise & Deep Space Nine Blu-ray Plans - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
An interview over at TrekCore reveals talk about Blu-ray plans for both Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Enterprise.

Quote:
TrekCore: Is there a chance that Star Trek: Enterprise might be released on blu-ray some day soon? Mike Sussman tweeted the other day that he knew of another Trek series coming to blu-ray soon, is that by any chance Enterprise?

David Grant: Well we'll keep that... I'm not going to... Let's just say there's talk.

Ryan Adams: There are discussions happening as we speak. Discussions about other Star Trek entities, properties.

TrekCore: Last time we heard from you guys at Comic Con, DS9 was officially "on your radar" for remastering. Ryan gave a beautifully cryptic quote that CBS were "considering it." How are plans moving along? We have a constant stream of emails, with hundreds of fans asking about it.

Ryan Adams: See, well that's wonderful! Here's the thing, David and I would love nothing more than to segue from TNG into DS9 and all of them to be honest with you. We're having a blast doing this. And when I see that we engage with the fans, I love the fact that they're writing in. In order for us to go to John Nogawski, Scott Koondel - the decision makers, let's call them - and get an approval for this, we need that kind of stuff behind us. We need to be able to say "The fans are screaming for this. This is what they want next." And like we said at Comic Con too, it would really depend on - because let's be honest, it's financial as well for the studio - on how well TNG does. And since it's doing well thus far, David and I are still very hopeful that [DS9] will be one of the next big projects that we do. So our hope is "yes," but we still have to get the decision makers to say yes.

TrekCore: So there's been no official green light yet?

Ryan Adams: No, there's no official green light on DS9 yet.

TrekCore: Fans need to keep writing then, that's good to know!

Ryan Adams: Keep writing, and keep buying TNG.

David Grant: The more you buy TNG, the more you get DS9! Put it that way! Laughter

Then, afterward (as the separate article mentions), Sussman followed up with another tweet confirming that Star Trek: Enterprise is coming to Blu-ray Disc in 2013:
Quote:
Trippin' down memory lane: just wrapped up an interview for the @StarTrek Enterprise season 1 Blu-Ray set coming next year. #itsabouttime

[Source]

Get all your A/V news at: AVS Latest News
Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter
Wanna join the AVS Forum news staff? Contact me!
.......................................................................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Enterprise was shot in HD so it won't take much to have that out on BD. DS9 needs the same treatment as TNG but more original negatives are likely to exist since it is a newer series. DS9 ended in 1999, which was still before HD, so expect 4:3 aspect ratio. Same process -- shot on 35mm, effects done in 24 frames 480i, distribution subs recorded to video tape.

I haven't sprung for TNG season 1 yet. I want to let all those sets with bad audio work their way out of the retail chain.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page