Google Accidentally Reveals Voice-Controls for Google TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Looks like Google published a sneak-peek video a little too soon.
Quote:
Google TV was a bold endeavor for Google. It was supposed to pick up where Microsoft’s WebTV failed in the 1990s. First launched in 2010, Google TV flopped and still is a flop for two reasons: expensive hardware and poor implementation. With hardly a mention as to what Google TV’s future will be at this year’s Google I/O, a product video for the next version of the platform (since made private) has surfaced showing off voice control. With it, Google could beat Apple to a voice-controllable TV.

As TheNextWeb reports, the pulled video preview shows off a voice-activated search controls. Users can call out specific TV shows and movie names such as Mad Men, voice search by genre, and even launch apps and websites. A mini-guide located at the bottom of the screen also provides smarter recommendations as well.

And if that wasn’t already a big enough update, the video also showed off tablet connectivity that allows Google TV to relay content over to a smaller display, SmartGlass-style.

Google hasn’t revealed when the new Google TV will drop, but if the video slip-up is already ready to go, it could mean a launch very soon.

What are you thoughts on voice-control for TVs?

Get all your A/V news at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Like AVS Forum on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow AVS Forums on

Wanna join the AVS Forum news staff?
.......................................................................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If it is like SIRI on my iphone urgh.....I hate it! Possibley because I cannot use it properly. wink.gif
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page