After months of crowd-sourcing feedback, V-Moda announces the M-100 headphones designed with the help of music enthusiasts.
V-MODA uniquely crowd-sourced the input of hundreds of audiophiles, journalists, producers and renowned DJs around the globe after news of M-100 first leaked online. Rather than abolishing the information, V-MODA embraced it and openly interacted on forums and social networks which ultimately transformed into a platform of crowdsourced product development.
"This collaboration is one of the most unique design processes I've ever been a part of" states Val Kolton, Chief Visionary Officer at V-MODA. "Once the word started to spread on M-100, forum discussions exploded with exceptional feedback vital to the development of the product. Our research and development labs consisted not of corporate marketing and finance departments, but rather the most passionate headphone consumers, musicians and DJs across the globe. M- 100 is a progeny of audio enthusiasts worldwide – truly built by the people, for the people," added Kolton.
To achieve the greatest sound for the greatest amount of people, years of ergonomic research and obsessive quality control over speaker driver variance served as the driving force in the release of M-100. "Speaker drivers must be carefully quality-controlled like grapes at fine vineyards," added Kolton. "The end result is an exquisitely balanced sound signature characterized by deep yet clean bass, vibrant mids, and ultra-extended clarity in the highs."
The compact M-100 adds unparalleled versatility and functionality to the best-in-class Crossfade series. Dual inputs allow the headphones to act as a virtual on-the-go mixer, and patent-pending V-CORK seals allow the discerning listener to perfectly balance the audio. An optional Boom Pro microphone instantly transforms the M-100 into th ideal headset for gamers, podcasters and
broadcast professionals. The optional Coil Pro cable with locking mechanism allows extended freedom with an instrument of choice on stage, at home or in the DJ booth.
Road warriors will revel in novel compact features including the vault-like CLIQFOLD hinge mechanism that uniquely folds the M-100 into V-MODA's famous exoskeleton carrying case. The M-100 includes two detachable Kevlar-reinforced cables, a remastered SpeakEasy microphone cable and an all-new SharePlay cable allowing multiple users to share music and media without extra adapters. V-MODA continues to allow users to "endorse themselves" by customizing the headphone with its unique custom shield and laser engraving service that allows users to interchange the metal shields with an array of colors, logos and even their own design.
As with all of V-MODA's Crossfade family, durability and exquisite material selection was paramount in the design of M-100. Its masterful combination of steel and metal materials lives up to the military-level standards of the MIL-STD-810G testing guidelines. Memory foam ear cushions naturally isolate noise and provide supple ergonomic comfort for extended listening sessions. The cushions and SteelFlex headband naturally form to your head and ears to create the perfect natural noise isolation, optimal bass and an immersive 3D soundstage.
M-100 Features include:
• 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent-pending) • No batteries or artificial sound processing
• CLIQFOLD folding hinge (patent-pending)
• Dual Inputs with V-CORK seals (patent-pending) • Exoskeleton case
• Two Kevlar-reinforced cables
• Universal SpeakEasy microphone cable for Apple iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices
• SharePlay extended audio cable
• Two year warranty, lifetime 50 percent immortal life program and V-MODA Six-Star Service MIL-STD-810G and V-MODA Quality
• Survives 70+ drops on concrete
• Virtually indestructible SteelFlex Headband
• Minimal sound variances from unit to unit checked along six parts of the sound curve versus 10-30dB+ of inferior products
• Kevlar-reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standards
• MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
The Crossfade M-100 will be available in time for the holidays for $300 in Matte Black Metal, Shadow or White Silver at Amazon.com and fine purveyors of headphones worldwide. For $310 at V-MODA.com, consumers can now pre-order M-100 and receive an extra set of personalized shields and a set of Faders VIP Tuned Earplugs for a limited time.[Source]