HTPC MediaPortal App Gets New Default Skin, CableCARD Support - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The open Source HTPC application MediaPortal beta 1.3 gets a refined new look, CableCARD support, and much more.

Quote:
The MediaPortal team has been fairly quiet the last several months, but they recently broke cover with a collection of updates. First up, there is a new default skin. MediaPortal 1.3 is still in beta, but one of the more significant features is a new skinning engine. MediaPortal has traditionally started out with a rather crusty XP-era WMC style skin. The new skin is more reminiscent of an Aeon-style skin for XBMC. In other words, it's looking sharp. The team also gave an update on the long in gestation MediaPortal 2. MediaPortal 2 is still quite definitely alpha software, but the intrepid can look forward to the release of the MP2 Autumn Build in the near future.

For those who have waited, CableCARD support is here.
Quote:
The MediaPortal team has introduced support for CableCARD. The team is being quite up-front that there is no chance of MediaPortal receiving CableLabs certification, so MediaPortal will only be able to provide access to non-DRM channels and "Copy Freely" content, but it is certainly welcome news for Windows-based HTPC owners still pining for the loss of SageTV and looking for an alternative to WMC. The team is also being quite up-front that MediaPortal's CableCARD support is a work in progress and they are looking for testers to help provide feedback for continued development.

Check out of all the new changes:
Quote:
- New blue standard BG (Tgx)
- New standard overlay to darken fanart (Tgx)
- New structured screen layout for all screens (following a draft of Tgx)
- New GFX for buttons (incl. topbar and OSDs), menus, overlays
- Full topbar on Classic Home/Plugins
- New OSDs
- New media logos
- New designed NowPlaying infos (nearly all screens, BasicHome, Classic Home/Plugins)
- Video Fanart on BasicHome (to be toggled on/off via GUI settings)
- Music NowPlaying fanart on BasicHome and Classic Home/Plugins
- Theme BGs on BasicHome and Classic Home/Plugins (to be toggled on/off via GUI settings or action menu in BasicHome)
- Latest Added Media shown on BasicHome (to be toggled on/off via GUI settings)
- Submenus on BasicHome
- New font (Roboto) to have a full character set (THX to DieBagger for his info in Titan thread)
- New means of displaying watched count and watched percentage for MyVideos giving more space in MyVideos list (THX to i-loop for providing GFX and testing)
- Better layout of settings screens
- and much more wink.gif

Sounds like a nice update.

Get all your A/V news at: AVS Latest News
Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter
Wanna join the AVS Forum news staff? Contact me!
.......................................................................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Is their site down? I did a search found what seemed to be their site from the search results but its not connecting, it appears to be down...

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + ChromeCast
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
post #3 of 5 Old 10-19-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Their site has been going down on and off since this update.

Get all your A/V news at: AVS Latest News
Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter
Wanna join the AVS Forum news staff? Contact me!
.......................................................................................
post #4 of 5 Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 75
k, I will just keep an eye out on it then smile.gif

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + ChromeCast
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
post #5 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I certainly hope they will get all the DRM channels...But I doubt it. I used to love using mediaportal. If they somehow are able to get the DRM channels working I would give it a serious look.

But then again, that could mean XBMC would have the same capability. Anyways, good news.
Reply Latest Industry News

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page