Palm-sized HTPC Keyboard with Built-in Trackpad - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
If you have a HTPC in your living room and wished you had a small keyboard, check this out. A company called FAVI Entertainment has released a palm-sized keyboard that supports just about any Bluetooth or portable device and just about anything else. The keyboard features a trackpad for pointer control, too.

From press release:
Quote:
FAVI Entertainment introduces a pocketable Bluetooth keyboard with built-in trackpad ideal for pairing with your favorite device. The versatile accessory has Android buttons for easy access and also allows for music and video navigation via special hotkeys. The comfortable keyboard also features a built-in laser pointer perfect for presentations.

The lightweight and portable FAVI Mini Bluetooth is ideal for speed, accuracy and comfort. The intuitive key layout allows for fast and accurate typing all while reducing hand/finger strain. The keyboard also includes backlit keys for use in the dark or dim lit presentation scenarios. It also connects with nearly all Bluetooth devices and should your device not have Bluetooth, a Bluetooth USB receiver is included.

“The lightweight and portable keyboard is ideal for the boardroom as well as the classroom,” says Jeremy Yakel, co-founder of FAVI Entertainment “The keys are built for comfort while the trackpad allows for fluid navigation.” The Mini Bluetooth Keyboard from FAVI Entertainment is the ideal partner for Kindle Fire HD as well as other tablets due to its track pad functionality which allows for intuitive mouse-like navigation.

FAVI Mini Bluetooth Keyboard Features:

- Familiar android buttons and FAVI's screen swipe touchpad offers fast and fluid navigation
- Connects with nearly all Bluetooth devices including Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7, iPad, Samsung Galaxy and Asus (TF300T-B1-BL) as well as PCs, laptops and Mac
- No Bluetooth on your PC or laptop? No problem...a Bluetooth USB receiver is included (stores neatly inside device when not in use)
- Includes backlit keys for use in the dark
- Music / Video hotkeys gives you quick access to your favorite music playlist or video collection
- Touchpad features full mouse control as well as "tap to click" and page scroll
- Works great for office presentations with its built-in laser pointer and PowerPoint slide buttons
- Wireless Range: 50 feet

The Mini Bluetooth Keyboard from FAVI Entertainment is available now at Staples for $49.99. For more information on this product or others from FAVI Entertainment, please visit www.favientertainment.com

Looks pretty cool -- what do you think?

Get all your A/V news at: AVS Latest News
Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter
Wanna join the AVS Forum news staff? Contact me!
.......................................................................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I own a similar one, it comes in handy and just lives in my arm chairs pocket smile.gif

The Laser pointer is also handy as it doubles as another form of amusement with my cat ^_^

post #3 of 7 Old 10-23-2012, 07:36 AM

Liked: 13
Does anybody know the difference between the FE02 (newer) version versus the FE01 one? Is the only difference that it works up to 50ft vs 30ft? If so, that would be nice to have more distance since my htpc would be in another room, but the quoted 50ft may just be like 20ft or something different depending on the rest of the house. I just need something to control the htpc since the current wireless keyboard and mouse I have, has a range of like 8ft and since the htpc is currently hooked up to the avr right now for testing some stuff, I keep having to move up to use the keyboard and mouse. Very annoying, but I didn't want to just pickup any device. I know other people use the K400 Logitech keyboard, since it is almost like a bigger version of this, but having smaller devices would work best in my cluttered living room smile.gif

Ok, I was able to download and view the user guide to both the FE01 and FE02 and the big difference is the keyboard layout. The new version have the left and right mouse buttons on the left of the device along with adding the up, down, left, and right arrows to the control as well. But in the user guide it mentions that both only go up to 30ft, so is the 50ft incorrect or was the 30ft just a typo on the FE02?

post #4 of 7 Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Kikoman do you have a tablet or smart phone? I use an on screen keyboard and mouse with my Android tablet over wifi so then I dont have a real distance issues to contend with. I only use the mini keyboard when I dont feel like breaking out the tablet. or smart phone.

post #5 of 7 Old 10-23-2012, 03:56 PM

^ ^ ^

Thanks DC! I do have the HP TouchPad and an iPhone 4. So are you saying that there are apps out there that you can download on your touchpad and/or iphone to control your HTPC from another room via wifi? If so, man that would be nice. I wouldn't need to buy a separate keyboard and mouse then. I assume you have to update some settings on the pc to allow control of it via the iphone or tablet?

Thanks!

post #6 of 7 Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

^ ^ ^
Thanks DC! I do have the HP TouchPad and an iPhone 4. So are you saying that there are apps out there that you can download on your touchpad and/or iphone to control your HTPC from another room via wifi? If so, man that would be nice. I wouldn't need to buy a separate keyboard and mouse then. I assume you have to update some settings on the pc to allow control of it via the iphone or tablet?
Thanks!

yeah there are many to choose from, you will have to see which suits your needs more but basically it breaks down into two parts, you have the App on your android/iphone and then you have a program that gets installed on the PC that allows for the connection of the device to control the system. Is the touchpad modded to have an Android OS like CM 7,9,10?, you will have lots of options for that then, as for the iPhone I know its possible but dont much of it since I dont allow Apple products in my home lol.

post #7 of 7 Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 AM

^ ^ ^

I haven't modded the Touchpad, but was planning on doing it sometime, or that's what I've said most of this year smile.gif I was going to do it so that I could play Netflix on it, but I also wanted to do it so that I could stream my content from my htpc onto the device as well. I have heard that the hardware and wifi makes streaming content from htpc not so enjoyable, especially when its 1080P content. Anyhow, this should give me some motivation to mod it now, so that I can put Android on it and use it as a remote for my htpc. I'm sure there are plenty of options out there, but which apps do you use as your remote for your tablet and smartphone?

Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page