Hulu Plus Gets the Windows 8 Treatment - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-23-2012, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hulu announces its brand new Windows 8 and Windows 8 tablet application, which is now designed for the operating system's new UI.

Quote:
Pinning an episode or show to your start screen, for instance, or multitasking with other apps while Hulu continues playing in a smaller window, cropped to the left. We've dropped a video walkthrough of the app just below the break.

Hulu went on to say:
Quote:
At Hulu, we are relentless about creating beautiful, intuitive and engaging experiences that help you find and enjoy popular current season TV shows whenever you want, on whatever device you want. Which is why we are so proud to announce the Hulu Plus app is now available on one of the newest operating systems: Windows 8.

Our team has been heads down building a gorgeous new Hulu Plus app that is optimized for the Windows user interface. The app will be available to the general public on October 26th, but those of you with early access to Windows 8 can check out the Hulu Plus app now. You’ll see we’ve included a few new goodies.

The new Hulu Plus app leverages core Microsoft design principles with our touch-optimized experience. The UI is simple and clean and puts the most relevant content first, creating a visually immersive experience in the most engaging way.

Launching the app presents you with an immersive panorama of your favorite shows and episodes laid out in a wide canvas.

Any Hulu Plus users planning on using Windows 8?

Get all your A/V news at: AVS Latest News
Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter
Wanna join the AVS Forum news staff? Contact me!
.......................................................................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-23-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Makes you wonder why they didn't create a version of Hulu Desktop for Hulu+.

And no, I'm not planning on getting Windows 8. My family and I have one desktop and three laptops purchased within the last two years that have Windows 7. No need to downgrade to a tablet interface.
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page