Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43

Epson Debuts Ultra Bright HD 2D/3D Projector Under $900

As Epson’s Brightest Home Theater Projector to Date, the Portable 3LCD PowerLite
Home Cinema 750HD Delivers True 3D and High-Quality 2D Entertainment

INTERNATIONAL CES, LAS VEGAS – Jan. 7, 2013 – Epson America, Inc. today expanded its award-winning line of 3LCD home theater projectors with the highly versatile and affordable 3LCD PowerLite® Home Cinema 750HD – offering families and first-time home theater enthusiasts an affordable and versatile 2D and true 3D big screen entertainment solution. The Home Cinema 750HD is Epson’s brightest home theater projector to date – projecting a bright and colorful display with up to 3,000 lumensi of color and 3,000 lumens of white brightness for dark or light rooms. Offering full HD, active shutter 3D with 720p resolution, the Home Cinema 750HD makes it easier than ever to enjoy movies, videogames, sporting events and more in high-quality 2D and eye-popping 3D at up to 300-inches.

“The Home Cinema 750HD is ready to display 3D from virtually any Blu-ray player, cable box or video game console right out of the box, unlike other 3D 720p projectors on the market today that are not compatible with Blu-ray players or game consoles, and require an additional format convertor for true 3D,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “Transforming the way we think about immersive 3D entertainment, the projector’s high brightness and portability provide an engaging 3D experience virtually anywhere – people are no longer confined to a dedicated theater room to see bright, crystal clear 3D movies, sports, video games and more.”

The Home Cinema 750HD delivers incredible color and amazing detail, allowing families to enjoy their favorite movies, sports and video games in high-quality 2D and immersive 3D with up to 3,000 lumens of color brightness, 3,000 lumens of white brightness and exclusive Bright 3D Drive Technology. The projector is easy-to-use and setup – just place it in an entertainment center or mount to the ceiling approximately 3.5 to 35.5 feet from the wall or screen. It is also equipped with Easy-Slide image correction, an intuitive horizontal keystone adjustment slide control bar allowing users to place the projector off-center from the screen and easily center the image with the touch of a finger. In addition, the Home Cinema 750HD features Epson’s latest RF 3D glasses that last up to 40 hours or up to three hours with a new three-minute quick charge.

The Home Cinema 750HD is equipped with a built-in speaker and a range of connectivity options to support DVD players, TV receivers, gaming consoles, PCs, Apple® devices[ii] and smartphones. Users can also add their own speakers for even better sound. It also features five pre-set color modes optimized for various viewing environments, as well as HDMI connectivity and a USB 2.0 connection for sharing photos and slideshows.

More about the PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD
The Home Cinema 750HD features a compact white design and offers several performance features for home entertainment needs, including:

- 3LCD Quality and Reliability: 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers incredible color, amazing detail and road-test reliability with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect”
- 2D and True 3D Entertainment: Uses Bright 3D Drive Technology for “3D Ready” experience
- Easy Setup and Installation: 1.2x optical zoom for positioning flexibility, automatic vertical keystone (+/- 30 degrees) correction, easy-slide horizontal correction for easy image adjustments, and Instant Off® technology allows for no waiting time to start or shut-down projector
- Versatile Connectivity: Component Video, S-Video, HDMI, USB Type A and B digital connections, and USB 2.0 to share photos and slideshows
- New RF 3D Glasses: Last up to 40 hours or up to three hours with a new three-minute quick charge (one pair of 3D glasses included)
- Extended Lamp Life: Epson’s exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology provides optimum light uniformity, increased light output, and minimizes light diffraction and leakage for lamp longevity; maximizes viewing time, while minimizing costs for up to 5,000 hours of lamp life[iii]
- Color Modes: With a special color mode dedicated to gaming, the Home Cinema 750HD allows users to play their favorite video games or watch their favorite TV programs even in well lit rooms.

Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, home theater enthusiasts want to enjoy movies with higher quality in both darkened home theaters and brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness also enables an even better image for larger screen sizes and on a larger variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. Whether you're watching movies, playing video games, or watching a family slideshow, Epson’s line of home entertainment projectors deliver consistent color brightness and white brightness, ensuring life-like reproduction of any content.

Availability and Support
The EPSON Home Cinema 750HD ($899) will be available in late March through select retailers nationwide and the Epson online store. The projector comes with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business-day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Offering full HD, active shutter 3D with 720p resolution

Fail.
Tehen likes this.

post #3 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 451
so basically 1080p for 2d and 720p for 3d?
Tehen likes this.

Panasonic 65VT30 | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp
my HT gallery: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?u=240707

post #4 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I am so tired of the manufactures trying to shove 3D down our throats. I was born with what is called a "lazy eye". I had surgery on it but noting more can be done for it so I do not see equally out of each of my eyes. Therefore, I cannot see 3D. I am not interested in purchasing a projector or TV that displays 3D but am very interested in top of the line 2D equipment.
post #5 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I am so tired of the manufactures trying to shove 3D down our throats. I was born with what is called a "lazy eye". I had surgery on it but noting more can be done for it so I do not see equally out of each of my eyes. Therefore, I cannot see 3D. I am not interested in purchasing a projector or TV that displays 3D but am very interested in top of the line 2D equipment.

I know what you mean. I too have a lazy eye. Sometimes I don't even realize that my eye is halfway closed as it's just a matter of fatigue setting in throughout the day.

I can't really watch 3D without getting headaches, mostly because my lazy eye is struggling to keep up. I can't even look at a 3D blu-ray's front cover(with the holographic 3D image) without struggling.

But, with the way things are now, in order to get good quality 2D equipment we have to look into buying 3D equipment.
Tehen likes this.

post #6 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 AM

Liked: 16

yep, same here. I will boycott 3d all together. :(

post #7 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 AM

Liked: 12
I love the idea of bright/awesome 3d, just not 720p.
Tehen likes this.
post #8 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 94
No mention of contrast ratio. Not surprising.
post #9 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
I'm color blind. I wish manufacturers would quit with all the nonsense of trying to replicate the accuracy of all those hues. To me, it just doesn't matter.
Tehen likes this.
post #10 of 25 Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So what does it drop to 720p in 3d?

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D
post #11 of 25 Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 AM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash View Post

I'm color blind. I wish manufacturers would quit with all the nonsense of trying to replicate the accuracy of all those hues. To me, it just doesn't matter.

Nice attempt at sarcasm but was uncalled for and I felt hurt. I simply stated I have a medical problem and didn't appreciate manufactures forcing me to buy something I can't use because of it. I never said I wanted them to quit manufacturing it. I realize some people can see 3D and like it. They should have the choice to purchase it. My complaint was that manufactures are starting to not offer choices and forcing me to pay for something I will never be able to use. I would think that should extend to color being an option as well. Although it is getting harder I can still buy a basic car if I don't want or can't use all of the options. Some electronic manufactures won't allow you to do that anymore.
post #12 of 25 Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

Nice attempt at sarcasm but was uncalled for and I felt hurt. I simply stated I have a medical problem and didn't appreciate manufactures forcing me to buy something I can't use because of it. I never said I wanted them to quit manufacturing it. I realize some people can see 3D and like it. They should have the choice to purchase it. My complaint was that manufactures are starting to not offer choices and forcing me to pay for something I will never be able to use. I would think that should extend to color being an option as well. Although it is getting harder I can still buy a basic car if I don't want or can't use all of the options. Some electronic manufactures won't allow you to do that anymore.

If manufacturers had to make a separate version of each piece of hardware based on what people want to use and not use, you would be paying probably hundreds or thousands of times more for each piece of equipment. I can't even imagine the number of combinations of a single TV that would need to be produced in order to sell a set with exactly the features that someone would want.

Also, I find your "forcing" comment to be quite interesting. Did Epson show up to your house, hold a gun up to your head, and order you to purchase a 3D projector? If you don't like the features that a manufacturer puts into a product, there is a very simple remedy.
Tehen likes this.

post #13 of 25 Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
Flash's sarcasm was a bit of a miss as it isn't relative to what we were saying. But at the same time, no one is forcing you to buy any product with features you don't want.

I have a TV with 3D capabilities. It doesn't mean I bought it because of the 3D, or ever intended to use it. It just means it's another feature I won't use.

And 3D is becoming a default feature now, to the point to where it really isn't costing companies anything extra to add 3D capabilities. Like for example, my TV. While it did cost more than an equivalent sized "2D only" model from the same brand (Panasonic), it didn't cost more because of the 3D feature. It cost more because it had an overall better panel that just happened to have 3D capabilities.

So in alot of cases now in order to get the best 2D experience you can, you may have to buy products with 3D capabilities.
Tehen likes this.

post #14 of 25 Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I like 3D.

I don't like 3D in my movie theater projector though, I like it in a toy projector. I've found I've been watching a movie in 3D on my $1000 projector rather than the 2D version on my $10,000 projector. Oops.
Tehen likes this.

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #15 of 25 Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
It's not all sarcasm if it's true. That said, I will concede that it's unfair to compare one ailment to another.

I do maintain however that my original point is still a valid one, in that I am "forced" to buy tech whose full benefits I can never fully enjoy. That's not really a manufacturer's issue though, it's mine.
Tehen likes this.
post #16 of 25 Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 59
There's a whole bunch of features here I don't need.

Why do they force me to buy built in terrible speakers?
Why do they force me to buy a high lamp mode that will just cost me money if I were to use it?
Why do they force me to buy ancient component and s-video inputs?
Why do they force me to buy USB inputs which I don't need?
Why do they force me to buy a zoom lens when I don't need to zoom?
Why do they force me to buy five color modes when only one will be good?
Why do they force me to buy 3D capability?

Why don't they offer a model without all this stuff?
Tehen likes this.
post #17 of 25 Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 AM

i grew up with 3d always being a parlor trick to push crappy movies. Jaws 3d, Metalstorm 3d Friday the 13th 3d etc etc. i am amazed at how long this stint of the 3d effect has survived and how strongly the manufacturers are behind it.
post #18 of 25 Old 01-12-2013, 05:01 AM

I feel the same way; anti 3-D. I have astigmatism in both eye thus causing my eyes to fatigue very quickly when watching 3-D. I also have 2 kids 8/5 who also do not like 3-D and lastly, I am yet to see a 3-D movie that gave me a wow factor.

Lets face it, people are buying it otherwise it would have phased out.

Make it a Great Day,

Shawn

Epson 8350

Carada 96' Screen

Onkyo 609

Sony BDP350

Polk CS1 Center channel

Polk Monitor 60

(4) Yamaha Satellite

Yamaha and Sony Subs

post #19 of 25 Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM

I'm not sure what the anti-3D folk are complaining about here. Since you don't care about the technology you can go out and buy a dirt cheap JVC RS-35 (top of the line) or Sony Qualia or Marantz and have gorgeous 2D as good as units many times their present cost. The fact that these top of the line models are from a pre-3D era has greatly hurt their resale, but the optics and 2D picture on them is still virtually unrivaled. Trust me, 3D is not making modern display devices more expensive. The cost basically entails adding a port that syncs with the timing of the display and broadcasting that data to glasses via IR or RF. I would be surprised if it costs more than $5-10 to add 3D to any modern projector so long as it is already capable of a 120hz or higher refresh rate.
Also, I doubt CFI and high framerates would be so prevalent if 120fps and higher displays weren't mandatory for 3D, so there is one benefit in the field that you can (or should be able to) see. I hate CFI for movies (at least for now), but its nice for sports and such. I also feel that we get cleaner motion (less motion blur) on these faster displays so that is a plus as well even for normal 2D viewing.

Finally, I can really sympathize with those without 3D vision who are not able to get in on this new technology; I absolutely love 3D and can't get enough of it, but I understand how such sentiments can be offensive to those who physically can not share them. I can understand that it must be very disappointing to have such hype going around and not be able to take part in it. Fortunately there are some other things coming around the bend that we all can share in, higher resolution, deeper color, maybe higher frame rates, and I think we are all ready for wider deployment of really high bitrate audio. Sure not everyone will be able to enjoy all those things, but I for one am sure that we can all find something there to enjoy.
Tehen likes this.
post #20 of 25 Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Still wondering why 720p for 3d
Tehen likes this.

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D
post #21 of 25 Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airion View Post

There's a whole bunch of features here I don't need.

Why do they force me to buy built in terrible speakers?
Why do they force me to buy a high lamp mode that will just cost me money if I were to use it?
Why do they force me to buy ancient component and s-video inputs?
Why do they force me to buy USB inputs which I don't need?
Why do they force me to buy a zoom lens when I don't need to zoom?
Why do they force me to buy five color modes when only one will be good?
Why do they force me to buy 3D capability?

Why don't they offer a model without all this stuff?

Because it's likely to cost you and the folks that want all this junk more money for your projectors of choice if they have multiple models.
Tehen likes this.
post #22 of 25 Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadoublej View Post

Because it's likely to cost you and the folks that want all this junk more money for your projectors of choice if they have multiple models.

Probably true. I was actually being sarcastic though. People here are complaining that the projector has a feature they don't want, 3D, while there is in fact probably a long list of features in the projector that many people will never use. If you're going to complain about 3D, you might as well complain about those too.
Tehen likes this.
post #23 of 25 Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airion View Post

Probably true. I was actually being sarcastic though. People here are complaining that the projector has a feature they don't want, 3D, while there is in fact probably a long list of features in the projector that many people will never use. If you're going to complain about 3D, you might as well complain about those too.

That may be true in the future, but I think adding 3D to a projector to a budget projector at this point and time isn't a minor feature but rather a fairly significant cost inclusion, unlike a few other bell and whistle features.
post #24 of 25 Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

I think most of the cost is in the glasses, of which one pair is included with this projector. I think there's a case to be made that the glasses should be sold separately to lower the cost for those who don't want them, though I'm sure the reality of economics/marketing preclude that. I suppose eBay is an option then.

Other than the glasses, what does the projector itself need for 3D? An HDMI 1.4 chipset, which would only add a few cents over older versions, if at all. It needs firmware to handle 3D, that's free.

What does it need to do 3D well? It needs good pixel response to reduce ghosting. DLP already excels at this by design. It's a little harder for LCD (which this projector is), but pixel response time benefits 2D as well so no one is missing out. A 3D projector also needs to be bright, but again that's something that you can benefit from in 2D as well. I hope people won't complain that their 3LCD PowerLite 750HD is too bright because of 3D.
Tehen likes this.
post #25 of 25 Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 AM

Liked: 10
If you are seriously talking about different models of a product, just take a look at Samsungs website regarding their TV's. If you view all TV's you will see that there are a list of SERIES, let alone size dimensions. Each series unique in their own way. Do you want to know the best part? That's not all the series of TV's Samsung manufactures. For each big box store there is a different series of TV. For Future Shop, there will be the Samsung 6585 and Samsung will sell the 6580 on their site. Go check it out for yourself. Each TV series has it's own special addition or lack there of. They would have to lower the price to make models without speakers or USB inputs, which would make them lose the $50 they make per TV after installing a $0.20 - $2.00 part.

Now who is gonna recommend the best projector under $3000?
Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Ces

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page