JVC launches new flagship camcorder - The 'Procision' GC-PX100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 2173
New from JVC at CES 2013 is the Procision GC-PX100, featuring extensive full-HD slo-mo recording and Wi-Fi connectivity. Sporting a 12.8 megapixel sensor and an f/1.2 zoom lens, the $1,000 Procision promises to empower the user with five on-demand slow-motion rates, selected using a dedicated dial. The GC-PX100 captures AVCHD at 36Mbps and features a DSLR-like form factor.

There are many DLSRs and camcorders out there at or below this price point. JVC clearly thinks slow motion and tablet connectivity are the keys to making their flagship stand out.

Quote:
The new Procision JVC GC-PX100 offers high bit rate progressive recording to deliver high resolution HD images and Full HD slow-motion video. The camera's high performance combines with Wi-Fi connectivity and a range of free specialized apps to make the GC-PX100 ideal for capturing and analyzing fast-moving action

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/09/jvc-procision-camera/

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

I make my living taking photos and video and I'm brand-agnostic. If this cool little camcorder handles image stabilization and low-light situations well, slow-motion is high on 'want to have' my feature list. With such a high bit rate for recording, I'm looking forward to some really high-quality video clips. I also appreciate the inclusion of a manual exposure dial on the lens barrel, and a microphone input plus headphone out. Hopefully this JVChas an audio level meter and 'zebra' highlight clipping display... if it does all that I'm buying one.

Anyone else think they might bite? My Sony Alpha a57 DSLR already does a lot of these things (1080/60P video) - however quality HD slow motion would be enough for me to invest in a dedicated camcorder.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
but does it offer 24p?
post #4 of 4 Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

There is zero mention of 24P, or even 30P in any of the literature although there is a hint in the press release "Other shooting modes for capturing action include high-speed digital still recording at up to 60fps" - the implication is that under 60fps, the video is 'frame independent' i.e. a series of jpegs with a resolution above 1080p. If this is true, you'd end up with a camera capable of 4K/24p capture. Whether this is true remains to be seen.

One feature I saw in the press release that I really like is 'zoom position memory' - "Zoom Position Memory, ideal for analyzing sports plays, allows quick switching among three angles of view — Full Wide, Full Tele, and a user-settable position in between"

Press release

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemasoul View Post

but does it offer 24p?

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Ces

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page