No Benefit for Retina Display - Panasonic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
UHD Display's hasn't been the only hot topic of CES 2013, Tablets have also had a big splash. Panasonic unveiled their Toughpad Tablets in Munich displaying at 1080p 224PPI in the new FZ-G1.
Quote:
Super-high-resolution 'Retina' displays make no difference to the user experience unless held extremely close to the face, according to Panasonic.
Quote:
"You can drive up the resolution of your display, but it doesn't give you any benefit of viewing experience", said Kaempfer.

Quote:
"There are manufacturers who are driving that further and making some marketing noise, but your retina is not able to understand the difference".

Retina on a Tablet is equivalent to what we are seeing with 4K on display's. Is "Retina" display an important factor for you? Panasonic and some others are claiming that your retina is not able to understand. Does it matter to you?

Source

Get all your A/V News at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like AVS Forum on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Follow AVS Forums on

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
Liked: 2240
As of last year, my right eye tests 20/10 and my left eye, 20/15. High pixel density means a lot to me, I'll pay for it because I can appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39mofo View Post

UHD Display's hasn't been the only hot topic of CES 2013, Tablets have also had a big splash. Panasonic unveiled their Toughpad Tablets in Munich displaying at 1080p 224PPI in the new FZ-G1.

Retina on a Tablet is equivalent to what we are seeing with 4K on display's. Is "Retina" display an important factor for you? Panasonic and some others are claiming that your retina is not able to understand. Does it matter to you?

Source

Find out more about Mark Henninger at
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page