Panasonic ZT60 Plasma at CES 2013 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 366 Old 06-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Interesting. My ZT is black as the bezel...which as I recall from four years ago, the Kuro was as well. However, I ended up with a red tint 111FD in then long run. I'm as stoked today with mt ZT60 as the day I brought the Kuro home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 366 Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Also have a 111FD. I'm gonna' call them equal. wink.gif
post #363 of 366 Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM

Liked: 14
The arguments as to the Kuro's no longer available, top of the line model are interesting. They definitely hold water IF one is a video professional looking for largely miniscule (is that an oxymoronic phrase?) difference that, frankly, would not be seen by even the majority of high-end consumers. While I would surely love to own a high end automobile which is no longer made, the fact remains that I can only buy what is currently available as your somewhat average Plasma Display Panel consumer. Yes, I wish Pioneer had continued to manufacture and sell Kuros. They'd likely be far ahead of Panasonic's offerings today. (Or perhaps not?!) But, what is out there so obviously points to Panny's ZT and VT series that discussions about a no longer available item seem to me to be futile in the real world.
Lost! likes this.
post #364 of 366 Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Pioneer 'if' they hadn't thrown in the towel would be so far ahead it wouldn't be worth "comparison" of Panasonic this gen. Sort of like a nine gen vs a vt30 sort of thing of 2011. In other words... nowhere near.

But of course then there would have been2009, 2010 2011 2012 and then another generation this year by Pioneer. As close to perfection would have been from Pioneer undoubtedly now imho. But it never happened but we still have the nearest plasmas yet to perfection - 9G's.

Maybe Panasonic may have bucked up their ideas earlier if Pioneer were still around, but the 9G Kuro was, and would be again today very expensive to replicate - hence why it's still out ahead.

And still pretty comfortably IMHO. Not just talking about minimum MLL either by the way which has gotten a bit closer to the 9.5's.
post #365 of 366 Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Liked: 14
We can speculate all we want about what "might have been" or what might be. The fact remains that what we have to deal with is what we have. Whether or not Pioneer would have continued to be ahead of the pack is speculative and therefore not germane to the current reality. I'm also sorry there hasn't been a through-line in Plasma Panel development based on Pioneer's their Kuro product. There hasn't and therefore we have to deal with what we have as we likely regret we didn't all run out to buy the 9.5's when they were freshly minted. But that's reality, which is where I prefer to live, even if the way I script it in my head doesn't jibe!
vinnie97 and Lost! like this.
post #366 of 366 Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Amen!
Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page