New Polk Audio TSX Series Home Theater Loudspeakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50

Polk Audio has released what will be replacing their existing series (TSI Series) with the new revamped TSX Series Loudspeakers. Polk says that the new series will bring a whole host of audio improvements.
Quote:
New improvement will include new voicing, with an emphasis on the accurate reproduction of high frequencies that is so critical to the uncompressed high-resolution of today’s Blu-ray discs, as well as improved bass thanks to a shift from 5.25” drivers to new 6.5” specially formulated fibrous bilaminate substrate cones made of pulp infused special polymer compounds that improve stiffening without adding mass.

At the head of the line is the new TSx 550T, a flagship tower speaker featuring a 1" Dynamic Balance® Tweeter, two 5.25” midrange/mid bass drivers, in a new three-way design that includes two 8-inch low frequency drivers with a 3" front firing flared port, all for just $999 per pair.

The TSx 440T features the same 1" Dynamic Balance® Tweeter as the 550T, along with three 6.5" midrange drivers and a 3" front firing flared port, for $699 per pair. The TSx 330T, which relies on a 1” tweeter and 3" front firing flared port, with two 6.5" midrange drivers, will list at $499 per pair.

Other new models include two new bookshelf speakers—the TSx 220B featuring a 1” tweeter and 6.5” driver and TSx 110B featuring a 1” tweeter and 5.25” driver at $299/pair and $199/pair, respectively—as well as two center channel speakers, both of which feature Dynamic Balance Tweeters . The TSx 150C features the line's 1" Dynamic Balance® Tweeter with a pair of 5.25" midrange drivers and a 2" inch rear firing flared port for $199 each; the TSx 250C boasts a larger cabinet to make room for its pair of 6.5" midrange drivers, and also features a 2" inch rear firing flared port, for $299.
Quote:
All of the TSx series speakers come with high-quality five-way binding post speaker connections—single connections for the center channels and bookshelves; dual bi-wirable speaker connections for the towers—and a choice of Black Oak or Cherry finishes. The line is scheduled to debut in Q2 2013.

More pics to come...

Source

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39mofo View Post

Polk Audio has released what will be replacing their existing series (TSI Series) with the new revamped TSX Series Loudspeakers. Polk says that the new series will bring a whole host of audio improvements.

At the head of the line is the new TSx 550T, a flagship tower speaker featuring a 1" Dynamic Balance® Tweeter, two 5.25” midrange/mid bass drivers, in a new three-way design that includes two 8-inch low frequency drivers with a 3" front firing flared port, all for just $999 per pair.

The TSx 440T features the same 1" Dynamic Balance® Tweeter as the 550T, along with three 6.5" midrange drivers and a 3" front firing flared port, for $699 per pair. The TSx 330T, which relies on a 1” tweeter and 3" front firing flared port, with two 6.5" midrange drivers, will list at $499 per pair.

Other new models include two new bookshelf speakers—the TSx 220B featuring a 1” tweeter and 6.5” driver and TSx 110B featuring a 1” tweeter and 5.25” driver at $299/pair and $199/pair, respectively—as well as two center channel speakers, both of which feature Dynamic Balance Tweeters . The TSx 150C features the line's 1" Dynamic Balance® Tweeter with a pair of 5.25" midrange drivers and a 2" inch rear firing flared port for $199 each; the TSx 250C boasts a larger cabinet to make room for its pair of 6.5" midrange drivers, and also features a 2" inch rear firing flared port, for $299.
More pics to come...

Source
I must say as a Polk user.. this looks really well built.. good improvements to the lineup of new speakers from Polk..looking forward to the new Rt,s

loves...home theather/music/football:)
post #3 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I agree. I've seen the TSI's and these look alot better in terms of build quality and look beefier. I'm also really happy that they are introducing a tower with dual 8inch woofers. The last TSI with dual 6inch just didn't cut it.

AVSForum
post #4 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e39mofo View Post

I agree. I've seen the TSI's and these look alot better in terms of build quality and look beefier. I'm also really happy that they are introducing a tower with dual 8inch woofers. The last TSI with dual 6inch just didn't cut it.
iam with here on this one to...I have been runing some very old but in my own opinion.. a very good sounding rt 600,s I am in the process of getting ready for something new ..but with a limited budget.. I cant afford these hi priced brands ..no name calling ...but Polk has been a leader in reasonable.. priced good sound/Q. Speakers for those on a budget...for years ...

post #5 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Hopefully these will turn out to be great speakers with performance true to there price. I'd hate to find out these aren't worth the suggested price and we soon see Newegg and others offering closeout like pricing like the TSI and Monitor lines. I want them to take the lower end line serious like they did the LSi line and not just worry about moving as much product as they can through Newegg or OneCall.
post #6 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 View Post

Hopefully these will turn out to be great speakers with performance true to there price. I'd hate to find out these aren't worth the suggested price and we soon see Newegg and others offering closeout like pricing like the TSI and Monitor lines. I want them to take the lower end line serious like they did the LSi line and not just worry about moving as much product as they can through Newegg or OneCall.
well said. ...good sound should ..not be realative to costly prices..

post #7 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM

Liked: 10
Damnit... Just finished buying the tSi series...
post #8 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbruce View Post

lol..which one's you got ?

post #9 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
looks like it's just the "new" monitor line with words tsx over it. kinda like how tsi is similar to the monitor series ii

post #10 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 PM

My friend has Polk speakers and they are amazing! Crisp sound.
post #11 of 39 Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post

looks like it's just the "new" monitor line with words tsx over it. kinda like how tsi is similar to the monitor series ii

Yeah it does look similar, however the flagship tower in the new TSx line has dual 8 inch woofers....not monitor or tsi speaker has that!

I think the dual 8 inch woofers look sexy as hell too boot!

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
LOL!
Why you wouldn't want to join this forum
post #12 of 39 Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I'm still running my RT20p's and I think they still sound great! However, I just started getting a rattle in one of my drivers (Damn you Dark Knight Rises!!! LOL) and my first thought was I wonder if I could use the TSX driver as a replacement.
post #13 of 39 Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 295
like the color cool.gif

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos system for rooms/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos play 1 surrounds.
post #14 of 39 Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

like the color cool.gif
they do look sweet..in cherry ..and the upgrade to twin 8"ers..this might be my next buy

post #15 of 39 Old 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

They actually seem to come pretty close to the Rti series and considering its been out for almost a decade now, I think they are do to revamp the RTi. Look forward to seeing more Polk revamp speakers.

AVSForum
post #16 of 39 Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

I'm still running my RT20p's and I think they still sound great! However, I just started getting a rattle in one of my drivers (Damn you Dark Knight Rises!!! LOL) and my first thought was I wonder if I could use the TSX driver as a replacement.

I've got the exact same question. Is there any way to replace the drivers in the RT20P's? I've replaced one of the subs twice but Polk no longer makes replacements now. Do I just need to get rid of them or is there a way to keep them going?
post #17 of 39 Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM

Liked: 21
So would these be better than the RTI series?
post #18 of 39 Old 05-29-2013, 12:07 AM

The TSX line is starting to become available directly through Polk. Won't be long now before we'll start seeing them available elsewhere.

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/series/TSx
post #19 of 39 Old 06-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbruce View Post

lol tell me about...just got my 11.2 setup frown.gif

I love the new darker cherry
post #20 of 39 Old 06-09-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyS View Post

They actually seem to come pretty close to the Rti series and considering its been out for almost a decade now, I think they are do to revamp the RTi. Look forward to seeing more Polk revamp speakers.

They seem to be better than the RTI's. Thats according to the specifications, and in respect to the lower frequency extension of the speakers. Its right down to 27hz if I remember correctly, quite low for floorstanding speakers of this caliber.
post #21 of 39 Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Wonder how the bookshelf models compare to the rti line. I have $250 budget and I'm looking at Pioneer bs22 or bs41, cambridge audio s30, polk rti a1, and now these tsx110. Any thoughts on which would be the best? I do lean a little towards a forward sound with prominent highs, but I still want a full mid-range.
post #22 of 39 Old 08-03-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB30 View Post

Wonder how the bookshelf models compare to the rti line. I have $250 budget and I'm looking at Pioneer bs22 or bs41, cambridge audio s30, polk rti a1, and now these tsx110. Any thoughts on which would be the best? I do lean a little towards a forward sound with prominent highs, but I still want a full mid-range.

Why not look into the Klipsch reference range then?

Klipsch horn tweeters on these are known to be quite pronounced. A few people find them to be sharp. But considering your preference for prominent highs, this probably wont be a problem. I'm not sure how the highs are on these new Polk speakers.
post #23 of 39 Old 09-20-2013, 01:16 PM

How would the polk tsx330t towers compare with the pioneer Andrew Jones towers? The polk's are $500 for the pair while I can get the Pioneers for $180 for the pair. Thoughts? I already have the pioneer bookshelf and center speakers paired with the polk psw505 subwoofer a nd the pioneer vsx 42 receive.
post #24 of 39 Old 10-12-2013, 01:53 PM

How do the polk monitor 75t speakers compare to these as well? Neweggcurr ently has them on sale for $200 per.
post #25 of 39 Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 AM

AppleMark

Still working out the Kinks. Running them with HK 3700. Not sure if I like the amp.

post #26 of 39 Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tee View Post

AppleMark

Still working out the Kinks. Running them with HK 3700. Not sure if I like the amp.
The Setup is looks good. I'm fearing the new TSX series are nothing more than Monitor/TSi being re-bagged with the same drivers and crossover but in a new cabinet. I'm hoping polk went all and upgraded everything.
post #27 of 39 Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 AM

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

The Setup is looks good. I'm fearing the new TSX series are nothing more than Monitor/TSi being re-bagged with the same drivers and crossover but in a new cabinet. I'm hoping polk went all and upgraded everything.

Here's a post I submitted back in August, when I got the TSX 550's on -line. They since sound even better after breaking in:

Hello all. I've had a pair for over a week now. Since there seems to be an interest in them, here's my impressions so far:

I did some more listening this past weekend, as I upgraded to a Panasonic dmb-bdt500 BD Player, connected to my receiver via 5.1 channel analog output. Wow! The high res soundtracks on movies really open things up! These speakers sound excellent, in my opinion. The sound stage is very open, surpassing the speaker locations. However, for the type of bass that I love, you definitely need a powered sub, which most people either have or would add anyway.

There is a lot of detail in the high bass, low midrange to upper midrange frequency. Same goes for the highs. I actually lowered the treble just a bit (may not be the speakers, as my listening area is very bright to begin with, since I got rid of the wall to wall carpeting). The low bass, from the towers, is very tight and musical, but as I mentioned, for movies, I like the sub to kick in. Speaking of the sub, it blends very well with the towers (more so than in my last set up, which sounded more boomy by comparison, with the same sub!). Everything just sounds more complete, cleaner and crisper at high or any volumes.

I watched Jack Reacher on BD and it sounded great. There's some serious gunplay in the beginning of the film and towards the end, which really sounded fantastic and energized the room. I played some key scenes from the Hulk, Live free or Die Hard, listened to some operatic tenors and pop music, etc.

The speakers sound best with classical, instrumental music, R & B, jazz, hip hop and pop rock tunes. Heavy metal sounded a bit bright and fatigued at high volumes, but that could be my acoustics. I didn't hear anything that I would describe as "muddy or dull", but then again, I don't have an AB comparison to other polk speakers set up with identical parameters.

My system,

Panasonic 2012 3d Plasma ST 50 line, 60 inch
Onkyo TXDS 787 THX select Receiver 100 watts per channel
PS3
Panasonic DMB-BDT500 BD Player, connected to the Onkyo via analog outputs
Monster Power Center
Polk TSX 550T's for the Main LR speakers
Polk CS 10 Center Channel
Bose AM5 for the side LR Channels (formerly used for the front channels, replacing an AM3 set for the rears)
Definitive 15 inch sub PF 15
Logitech touch remote
various brand speaker wires and interconnects (I only used Monster Cable to hook up the sub)

Please let me know if you folks have any questions! Also, I'd like to read about your experience with these speakers and/or how they compare with other models in the Polk line or other brands with similar prices.

Thanks!
post #28 of 39 Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymo View Post

Here's a post I submitted back in August, when I got the TSX 550's on -line. They since sound even better after breaking in:

Hello all. I've had a pair for over a week now. Since there seems to be an interest in them, here's my impressions so far:

I did some more listening this past weekend, as I upgraded to a Panasonic dmb-bdt500 BD Player, connected to my receiver via 5.1 channel analog output. Wow! The high res soundtracks on movies really open things up! These speakers sound excellent, in my opinion. The sound stage is very open, surpassing the speaker locations. However, for the type of bass that I love, you definitely need a powered sub, which most people either have or would add anyway.

There is a lot of detail in the high bass, low midrange to upper midrange frequency. Same goes for the highs. I actually lowered the treble just a bit (may not be the speakers, as my listening area is very bright to begin with, since I got rid of the wall to wall carpeting). The low bass, from the towers, is very tight and musical, but as I mentioned, for movies, I like the sub to kick in. Speaking of the sub, it blends very well with the towers (more so than in my last set up, which sounded more boomy by comparison, with the same sub!). Everything just sounds more complete, cleaner and crisper at high or any volumes.

I watched Jack Reacher on BD and it sounded great. There's some serious gunplay in the beginning of the film and towards the end, which really sounded fantastic and energized the room. I played some key scenes from the Hulk, Live free or Die Hard, listened to some operatic tenors and pop music, etc.

The speakers sound best with classical, instrumental music, R & B, jazz, hip hop and pop rock tunes. Heavy metal sounded a bit bright and fatigued at high volumes, but that could be my acoustics. I didn't hear anything that I would describe as "muddy or dull", but then again, I don't have an AB comparison to other polk speakers set up with identical parameters.

My system,

Panasonic 2012 3d Plasma ST 50 line, 60 inch
Onkyo TXDS 787 THX select Receiver 100 watts per channel
PS3
Panasonic DMB-BDT500 BD Player, connected to the Onkyo via analog outputs
Monster Power Center
Polk TSX 550T's for the Main LR speakers
Polk CS 10 Center Channel
Bose AM5 for the side LR Channels (formerly used for the front channels, replacing an AM3 set for the rears)
Definitive 15 inch sub PF 15
Logitech touch remote
various brand speaker wires and interconnects (I only used Monster Cable to hook up the sub)

Please let me know if you folks have any questions! Also, I'd like to read about your experience with these speakers and/or how they compare with other models in the Polk line or other brands with similar prices.

The speakers really do have a break in period. I'm amazed about how much better they sound at higher volumes now. I couldn't be happier with them.
post #29 of 39 Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyS View Post

More pics to come...

Source[/quote
Man that dark wood is gorgeous!

JBL Pro Cinema
post #30 of 39 Old 10-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
has anyone heard a head to head comparison of RTiA9 and these TSx550T? would you say there is a significant difference in sound quality?

TexasTea, how are you liking those speaker so far?

Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List