Teac W-890R auto-reverse cassette deck - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 2278
File under anachronism: Teac introduces a new cassette deck, the W-890R. Auto-reverse, Dolby 'B' Noise reduction and variable pitch are the headline features of this flashback machine. There is a 'lost world' of cassette-only music out there, cassette afficionados interested in exploring it now have an affordable way to to so with Teac's latest offering.
Quote:
Why cassettes?! Because cassettes are awesome—they’re often beautifully made in ridiculously limited editions and they often contain fascinating, adventurous music that has been recorded to no other format.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/new-old-offerings-teac

Find out more about Mark Henninger at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks for your post. Do you own a W-890R? If so, could you tell me whether pressing the PLAY button produces a LOUD "HURRRRRMCLUNCK" sound that lasts about 1.2 seconds to engage the drive mechanism? Same sound when the STOP button is pressed to disengage the drive mechanism.

Reason I ask is that my wife currently has a Teac W-600R and it makes the LOUD "HURRRRRMCLUNCK" sound which I can hear through the walls in an adjacent room. Too loud to be used at night when folks are trying to sleep.

I'm looking for a dual tape cassette deck like the old ones I had that just made a soft "Click" sound when the PLAY or STOP buttons were pressed.

Thanks,
Skylark
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page