Jurassic Park IV in 3D Announced - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 47 Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 285
I just hope they bring back my all time favorite Dino and that is T-Rex. JP 3 sucked so I hope JP 4 gets that series back on track.

Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A LED/3D TV.
Sony BDP S6200 3D Blu ray Player.
Sony 5.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH540.
Center Channel Speaker: Tivoli Signature Series.
Tower Speakers: Sony SS-MF315's.
Surrounds: Pioneer Satellite Speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

I can't imagine it could be much worse than JP III. Like any other sane person, I loved the original. I think I'm one of the few who loved The Lost World, too.

I loved Lost World so your not alone.

post #33 of 47 Old 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I enjoyed The Lost World: Jurassic Park in the theaters and on Cable. But I can't love it. Its not well executed. There are heavy elements that are introduced in the storyline but executed in a popcorn style of movie-making, hence it wavers between hither and thither. There is not much interesting science in the film apart from the nurturing habits of T-Rexs, and that also not dealt with any deeply! There's that convoluted ending in the city!. The T-Rex despite being trapped in the Cargo hold eats all the crew members, but accepts defeat before a helmsman's iron-grip of the wheel of the ship. The city part was not bad though, funny at times and exciting at others. The movie had no characters who could make me care for them as much as I pined for more or less all the main characters in JP(1993), and some of the main characters in JP3(2001).
The only exception being Roland Tembo, and even his character wasn't developed much, beyond being a hunter and grieving the loss of a friend who was as good as "non-existent"!
Too many characters in my opinion muddied TLW:JP. Goldblum's Malcolm despite being the main character got sidestepped by Julianne Moore's Harding and became her second fiddle, merely following her orders.

JP3 didn't have that problem. It was actually similar to JP1(a smaller group of characters and less complicated storyline) , and lighter with a far interesting lead character and his Protege than in TLW! Yes the Kirbys were annoying, and so was the Spinosaurus, but the "Clever Girls[and boys]" more than made up for it. The first movie to depict dinosaur behaviour as accurately as possible was JP3. Especially how the Raptors would have hunted and communicated among each other.
The Raptors were also given a personality and character in JP3 unlike the bloodthirsty bio-engineered monsters that they were in JP1 and 2.
The Pteranodon part was thrilling!
Though the Spinosaur sucked, and should have been killed by a pack of Raptors(as was originally planned).
post #34 of 47 Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

I am so glad to hear JP IV is being made because I am a huge fan of the franchise except for JP III which I thought was a joke. Hopefully JP IV corrects the mistakes made in 3 like bringing back T-Rex!!!

post #35 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 683 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

2 bad sequels weren't enough? We need a third bad sequel? mad.gif

I think Spielberg is cooperating with Cameron on this one.  The dinosaurs were apparently on the Titanic and the embryos of blue people were preserved by the cold waters....can't freaking wait.

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
post #36 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

I can't imagine it could be much worse than JP III. Like any other sane person, I loved the original. I think I'm one of the few who loved The Lost World, too.

I loved Lost World so your not alone.

Certainly not, but it does make two of you total on the planet.  Everything after the first movie were God awful nails on a chalkboard to sit through.

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
post #37 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Certainly not, but it does make two of you total on the planet.  Everything after the first movie were God awful nails on a chalkboard to sit through.

okay I loved this first movie, that is a no brainer and I was like The Lost World was okay but then when it got released on BluRay I watched it again and I can say that the mastering work they did on the audio and the video detail was outstanding, I went from it was an okay movie to... OMG if this is what they would have shown in the Theater I think more people would have enjoyed it. As for the third movie yeah it was an interesting idea, could have been done better but I still enjoyed it just didnt love it.

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + ChromeCast
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
post #38 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^Perhaps I'm a little more sensitive to the "been there, done that" effect, and that JP had just run it's course of cranky lizards after the first film.

Also, in this day of endless CGI, we're just not quite as OMG-wowed by the effects of these things as we were with the first movie.  When they first came up to the brachiosaur (first dino in the first movie), I was eye's-wide stunned.  I had never ever seen a dinosaur that looked like it was truly being filmed on a set.  I still remember the feeling of the thunderous crash of it landing on the ground.

I hope he can do something good with this film, I really do, and the Is it Real or Fake 3D? website lists it as really filmed in 3D, so I'll go see it if I can.  But this plot better take us in an entirely new direction, or I might just leave the theater.

post #39 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

^^^Perhaps I'm a little more sensitive to the "been there, done that" effect, and that JP had just run it's course of cranky lizards after the first film.

Also, in this day of endless CGI, we're just not quite as OMG-wowed by the effects of these things as we were with the first movie.  When they first came up to the brachiosaur (first dino in the first movie), I was eye's-wide stunned.  I had never ever seen a dinosaur that looked like it was truly being filmed on a set.  I still remember the feeling of the thunderous crash of it landing on the ground.

I hope he can do something good with this film, I really do, and the Is it Real or Fake 3D? website lists it as really filmed in 3D, so I'll go see it if I can.  But this plot better take us in an entirely new direction, or I might just leave the theater.

Oh I completely agree with you. smile.gif

AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + ChromeCast
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
post #40 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 589
Hopefully less a sequel and more a reboot
post #41 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

Hopefully less a sequel and more a reboot

I think a reboot would be an slap to the face and an insult to fans, if you ask the every day person walking the street, the typical response is "I am tired of reboots, why cant hollywood come up with something new" and I have to say I agree, there has been soooo many reboots its absurd... so yeah I am hoping that this is not a reboot but a fun twist to the already set storyline. smile.gif

post #42 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 589
Going in a different direction would be a 'reboot' to me. Staying the same tired course would be a sequel where I get to see the same Dino's plus maybe an extra 'surprise' customer. Being a fan obviously I wouldn't suggest something that slaps my own face, so don't speak on my behalf please, thanks.
post #43 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

Going in a different direction would be a 'reboot' to me. Staying the same tired course would be a sequel where I get to see the same Dino's plus maybe an extra 'surprise' customer. Being a fan obviously I wouldn't suggest something that slaps my own face, so don't speak on my behalf please, thanks.

I took your "reboot" to mean just that...a completely rethought direction.  I think your "reboot" might been mistaken for a "redeux".

post #44 of 47 Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
I'm interested in seeing it, I just worry that the storyline might suck . Any word about what the new movie is about ? New actors ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #45 of 47 Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I'm interested in seeing it, I just worry that the storyline might suck . Any word about what the new movie is about ? New actors ?

Wallace, Gromit, ....

post #46 of 47 Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post

I think a reboot would be an slap to the face and an insult to fans, if you ask the every day person walking the street, the typical response is "I am tired of reboots, why cant hollywood come up with something new" and I have to say I agree, there has been soooo many reboots its absurd... so yeah I am hoping that this is not a reboot but a fun twist to the already set storyline. smile.gif

to counter, look at what happens when they do make a movie that's a totally new story...
sharknado.jpg
avalanchesharks.jpg
Piranhaconda.jpg

the sooner we face the fact that all the good ideas have been done, and just accept that new movies will at least be similar to old movies(ie avatar/fern gully) even if they aren't reboots, the sooner we'll be able to enjoy the new stuff again.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #47 of 47 Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Lol^

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Latest Industry News

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page