post #361 of 367 Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhip View Post

Count me in the I hate 3D camp. The last 3D movie I saw was Star Trek into Darkness and I hated it. Flat cardboard cutouts passing each other.

This is something you share with fans of 3D. We don't like poorly done 3D either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 367 Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked: 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhip View Post

Count me in the I hate 3D camp. The last 3D movie I saw was Star Trek into Darkness and I hated it. Flat cardboard cutouts passing each other. I have no interest in it and avoid a 3D showing whenever possible. I only will see a 3D film if it is the only showing I can get to.

3D conversion bothers me. When I see "real" 3D it is so refreshing and amazing, there's no comparison. That said—and I'm not kidding around here—perhaps someone should invent 2D glasses for people who have to go to a 3D screening, for whatever reason. Just a pair of polarized glasses that lets you see the right (or left) eye-only view. That way, 3D-haters can still go to the movies with people who do like it, even if it means wearing the glasses to see the movie "properly."

Find out more about Mark Henninger at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #363 of 367 Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

perhaps someone should invent 2D glasses for people who have to go to a 3D screening, for whatever reason. Just a pair of polarized glasses that lets you see the right (or left) eye-only view. That way, 3D-haters can still go to the movies with people who do like it, even if it means wearing the glasses to see the movie "properly."
They have been available for years. My son has to wear them when the family goes to RealD 3D movies because of an eye issue. Just google "2D glasses" for several sources.
imagic likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #364 of 367 Old 09-04-2013, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:

3D conversion bothers me. When I see "real" 3D it is so refreshing and amazing, there's no comparison. That said—and I'm not kidding around here—perhaps someone should invent 2D glasses for people who have to go to a 3D screening, for whatever reason. Just a pair of polarized glasses that lets you see the right (or left) eye-only view. That way, 3D-haters can still go to the movies with people who do like it, even if it means wearing the glasses to see the movie "properly."

I'll just stick to 2D thank you very much!
post #365 of 367 Old 09-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked: 2261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post

They have been available for years. My son has to wear them when the family goes to RealD 3D movies because of an eye issue. Just google "2D glasses" for several sources.

The description of the 2D glasses cracks me up. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Cinema Style 3D glasses eliminate 3D effect for more pleasurable movie viewing
-Converts standard 3D movies in to relaxing 2D
-Eliminates headaches and nausea associated with 3D movie viewing
-Works with current 3D movies in theaters using RealD 3D technology
-View 3D movies comfortably with your 3D loving friends
source

Find out more about Mark Henninger at
post #366 of 367 Old 09-06-2013, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

The description of the 2D glasses cracks me up. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Cinema Style 3D glasses eliminate 3D effect for more pleasurable movie viewing
-Converts standard 3D movies in to relaxing 2D
-Eliminates headaches and nausea associated with 3D movie viewing
-Works with current 3D movies in theaters using RealD 3D technology
-View 3D movies comfortably with your 3D loving friends
source

That IS funny. Reminds me of the wacky disclaimers they read off when advertising medication for anti-depressants or other ailments... "xyz will cure your afliction and help you return to normal life smile.gif ... please do not use xyz if you are on other meds. Certain common side effects such as dry mouth, sweating, delusion, confusion, fatigue are common - as are headaches, vomiting, diarrhea. In some cases sudden heart attack or depression can occur. Stop using xyz if you have thoughts of suicide and consult your physician." :S

I can't get over some of these medicine disclaimers.

Current setup:

post #367 of 367 Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin96 View Post

That IS funny. Reminds me of the wacky disclaimers they read off when advertising medication for anti-depressants or other ailments... "xyz will cure your afliction and help you return to normal life smile.gif ... please do not use xyz if you are on other meds. Certain common side effects such as dry mouth, sweating, delusion, confusion, fatigue are common - as are headaches, vomiting, diarrhea. In some cases sudden heart attack or depression can occur. Stop using xyz if you have thoughts of suicide and consult your physician." :S

I can't get over some of these medicine disclaimers.

You forgot the best side effect: "anal leakage." Always a crowd pleaser.... 😆

Love DIY
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page